Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2021, 01:00 AM   #1

Default Dometic (Atwood) 2 burner stove - 1 Burner is acting funny

I have a Dometic (Atwood) 2 burner stove top. One burner is working great, and the second burner has stopped performing. It will only stay lit about half the time, and when it does decide to light, it will only stay lit on a lower setting, and will not adjust. I'm sure it is either the thermocouple, or the adjustment valve, or a ghost I am unaware of. Does anybody have, or know of where to get these parts for this model? I have been searching with no luck for a few months now.

Model # - 2BR-1066057
SKU - 9103301027
PNC - 958047146
SN - CR 55100028

Cheers to one pan meals,
Glenn
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:08 PM   #2
Platinum Member

not specific to your model, my wife was out of town for a week which gave me time to service the gas range in our kitchen- I'd noticed some of the burners were not burning evenly - the flame should be a steady blue, not yellow or flickering

each of the burners has a jet, each of which had a slight amount of crud in the orifice, some dirtier than others

jets are usually brass and the orifice is delicate- I happen to have the correct tools - but a handy make do are guitar strings as they are made in all gauges graduated in 10/1000ths, phosphor bronze ( wound) acoustic strings should not damage the brass jet as a steel may, even an old tooth brush can work

you may also be up against jet sizing per altitude
our burners seem ok sea level to 11k, but yours may need to be changed if you are always up high

I've never had issues with the rv burners so have yet to explore the intricacies

cheers, mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:34 PM   #3

I had one burner always with yellow flame, even tho' I set the air inlet to max. The problem was spider webs or other crud in the tube between the jet and the burner. A blast of compressed air fixed it. Not the same problem, but worth a try.
kk
yogi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 04:22 PM   #4
Platinum Member

clean the burners as others have stated. Has nothing to do with the thermocouple etc.
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 11:43 AM   #5

I have the exact same model Dometic 2 burner stove and can't get gas to one burner. Cleaned orifice only to find that the propane stainless steel supply tube (?Pilot tube) is also plugged (is it corrosion?) so bad I can't blow it out or pass a 20G wire through it. Can't figure out how or why that would happen. Both burners worked great in 2016, can't recall any spills. Suggestions?
eraguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atwood, burner, dometic, stove, valve