Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2020, 05:45 PM   #21
Platinum Member

You are a Winner, an Owner of Dogged Determination & unrelenting Tenacity - we are a rare breed, mostly because we burn out looking for the Truth in places that sold their Soul to the Devil, many years ago.

Wheen you do get through, usually some Chinese Speaker instructs you to call back the next day.

Bizarrely Dometic Fridge Customer Service was never like that, the waits were getting longer but when you through a perfect American accent in English would inform you "any time the fridge is more than 5% of level performance suffers & long term damage is done to the unit ..."

At least Dometic Customer Service is a division that will always be in growth mode.

Mark at Lodgemobile is the Guru of Dometic Fridge & AC Repair on the West Coast of California - try calling him & asking if there were any other procedures or parts you might need just in case. He knows your issue ,he knows your pain, he knows the Enron of USA Fridges doesn't care.

(81 563-2072

He will advise you to stop spinning your wheels with Dometic USA, maybe you want to contact Pleasureway a second time & put the heat on them, now in 2020, this is one time this company has more benefit to helping you whether or not you bought from them directly or not.

I mention this because of my intimation at the beginning.

However, DO NOT, accept a Peace Offering of a Dometic Fridge, unless its one Mark says is worth it.

I hope between Dometic Germany, Mark at Lodgemobile & your Drive, resurrects the old fridge & you don't leave the Battle with a booty bag of endless, hard to get parts, that will fail sooner or later .

Perhaps you can sell them to other owners.

But Mark said even back then, Dometic wouldn't argue if it was under warranty & the person had made multiple requests for the parts for a minimum of 60-90 days, AND, he got on the line & said something like "The customer has left their RV here for several weeks, that cannot use it without a fridge, the storage costs alone, etc..."

Note the facts; warranty & the person had made multiple requests for the parts for a minimum of 60-90 days, AND, he got on the line & said something like "The customer has left their RV here for several weeks, that cannot use it without a fridge, the storage costs alone, etc

And do not get sold on their Compressor technology, its crap, when it works it exceeds all printed power draw & even though most of it is rebadged technology, 2-3 years* is the max until failure & all the parts are made in China & difficult to get.

*yes there have been a couple of successes here but overall, the majority is crap

I believe if you were to look closely into the entomology of the word "Dometic " n Chinese you will discover its closest English translation; born of the Devil, a Force that will take your cold cash & sell you warm refrigerators ..."
Full Timer in a 2005 Roadtrek Versatile 190/Super Modified & Lifted, Two 220ah Lifeline 6 Volt AGMs in Series, 250 watts Solar, Victron BMV712 Meter & Victron MTTP 100V/30A Solar Controller, Magnum MMS1012 Inverter Charger, Onan 2.8 Generator, Novakool R3800 Fridge & more ...
themexicandoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:05 PM   #22

I removed the 110vac plug from the outlet and only run on 12v. European 12v is the same as us 12v. I suggest you get a us model but only use 12v.
robkrohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic fridge, fridge, pleasureway excel