Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2020, 08:53 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want a B View Post
I had my LP absorption converted to 12 VDC compressor. It works! No more level intolerance, shutting off LP when refueling or tunnels, no more firing it up two days before.
What size fridge? I see conversions only for larger refrigerators, not the smaller ones that would fit in a Class B.
peteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:47 PM   #22
Platinum Member

100 degree weather and ice cold fridge and freezer....I've posted how many times, but for some reason, for many, it's just too simple....rechargeable fan pointed at the evaporator on the top shelf. I have 2, one charging from the cig lighter, and one running....full timed for 1+ years and never an issue
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:00 PM   #23
Bronze Member

Default My experience

Disclaimer...I am not mechanically adept so can only share my experience.
We bought our 2012 Popular 190 in 2016. It was perfect except for leveling to the 3 degrees that Roadtrek cited. The CHECK LIGHT became our only recurrent problem.
The DC option never was satisfactory, so I asked our mechanics to look at it.
They said they replaced the control board. After that we never had to level and it worked flawlessly, propane on the road and AC hooked up. We rarely boondocked but the propane tank easily lasted a month or more. One catch...the DC didn't work, but we didn't care about that enough to even ask why.
I wouldn't even waste your time with the story but I see you are in NC. Our mechanics are at Triad, near Winston-Salem. If you don't have success, you might talk to them. We recently sold our RT but still laugh about all the leveling and CHECK light drama.
Good luck!
tomiverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 02:24 AM   #24

Default Roadtrek 2001 manual Lounge box

I have a roadtrek 2001 200. What is a lounge box refered to in the manual page 14. No pictures in this manual. also where is the fuse panel for the coach?
Bruinink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:20 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Hi Bruinink,

Welcome to the Forums- I have a different model than you

Suggest you start a new thread titled something like

"2001 Roadtrek 200- fuse panel for the coach?"

Your post might not get the attention you want in this older thread

cheers, Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 02:07 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteco View Post
What size fridge? I see conversions only for larger refrigerators, not the smaller ones that would fit in a Class B.
Web site lists what Refers they convert: https://jc-refrigeration.com
Want a B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 01:35 AM   #27
Platinum Member

Default Update

Back from our 4th trip in our used ‘12 RT 190.

Unfortunately the fridge did not cool well. We were gone 10 days and the fridge went down to 48 degrees once. Mostly stayed around 55-65 degrees (40-50 at night) in average 65 degree weather. Fridge was about a 1/4 full as we didn’t trust the silly thing to do much. The freezer did freeze our ice packs which we cycled through the fridge in attempt to get the main compartment cool. While I had the fridge out for the burping I verified that both fuses were intact.
Switched to propane whenever we were parked and made sure to gas light was on and verified flame had caught. I do not have auxiliary fridge fans butt it should have handled the mild temps we saw.
We were in the Blue Ridge mountains with a lot of sustained up and down driving but if this is really a factor I need a new fridge because the BRP is our happy place.
Done nursing this fridge.
MagicBox is offline   Reply With Quote