Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2021, 11:44 PM   #1

Default Dometic RM2354 Refrig DC Heater

I have a Dometic RM2354 refrig. I am looking for a replacement 150 W DC heater. The original part number is 0173735069. I am unable to locate such a part number. I realize the part number may be updated but I am unable to locate it on Dometic's web site nor via an internet search. No superceded part numbers are showing up. I recognize that a universal type replacement may fit/work.
Any assistance with part numbers or sources is appreciated.

Thank you all.
Roadtrekrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 03:55 AM   #2
Platinum Member

You would be better off replacing it with a 175 watt heater from a later model. I don’t have the part number anymore but it does exist. I’ll post it if I find it. Don’t waste your money on the 150 watt part.

Here is your part number.

Dyers isn’t known for low prices but they have the best price I found.

https://www.dyersonline.com/dometic-...g-element.html
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:54 AM   #3
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbn7hj View Post
You would be better off replacing it with a 175 watt heater from a later model. I don’t have the part number anymore but it does exist. I’ll post it if I find it. Don’t waste your money on the 150 watt part.

Or maybe better off, I was, moving to only ac or propane, More Heat. About 2 years later I went to put a Large load on the battery, dc did not work so I just fliped over to ac. I was curious, so I checked at the connecting block and power was there. With my old memory I don't recall if there was power on the both sides!
Bud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 08:43 PM   #4
Bronze Member

You can ask for a quote there : https://1000islandsrv.com/

I got mine 120v from them. Beat any price I saw.
They are located in Ontario. But can surely ship to US.
pomerlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbn7hj View Post

hbn7hj:
Thank you for the part number. I will pursue that avenue if I am unable to repair the existing heater. The tab for the power connection wire at the heater came loose from the heater. I will try to solder it back on tomorrow.
Old 02-17-2021, 11:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
Or maybe better off, I was, moving to only ac or propane, More Heat. About 2 years later I went to put a Large load on the battery, dc did not work so I just fliped over to ac. I was curious, so I checked at the connecting block and power was there. With my old memory I don't recall if there was power on the both sides!
Bud:
Are you referencing the power block behind the refrig where the line side DC power comes in?
Propane will not stay lit while driving. I don't believe that I have AC inverted power to the frig when driving (I checked some time ago), but I have since repaired another problem so I will further verify what I have.
Thanks also for the part number and the possible source.
Old 02-18-2021, 12:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomerlo View Post
You can ask for a quote there : https://1000islandsrv.com/

I got mine 120v from them. Beat any price I saw.
They are located in Ontario. But can surely ship to US.
Pomerlo:
Thanks for the info. I will follow up if I cannot repair the heater that I have. I was trying to be proactive with the post.
We are again driving more than 1,000 miles round trip this weekend to get our second Covid shots so I am hoping to get it repaired prior to leaving. I removed the frig to add the cooling fans. I nudged the heater wire by accident and the tab broke loose from the heater, thus the additional repair.
Old 02-18-2021, 12:46 AM   #8
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrekrob View Post
Bud:
Are you referencing the power block behind the refrig where the line side DC power comes in?
Propane will not stay lit while driving. I don't believe that I have AC inverted power to the frig when driving (I checked some time ago), but I have since repaired another problem so I will further verify what I have.
Thanks also for the part number and the possible source.
I do not know or recall exactly the routing of the dc cable from the dc fuse panel inside, just that I may have not checked for dc where the refrigerator cable connects with the cable from the fuse panel, that side of the connecting block.

At the moment I can't recall any B with inverter ac power that can be used with the installed refrigerator. The folks running on ac have made it happen. Again I chose to use ac maybe 2 years prior to learning it did not work, really a noticeable difference with an absorption to start with and then a lousy installation, roadtrek. It was really simple with my 05/04 190P (like it). Mine all manual, no ac except for heat. But it runs on ac automatically if I us ac, shore power, then generator, the inverter. That is if I turn on the inverter when driving off from the house.

My propane would also blow out, so I modified it and could drive in still air 80 or more in still air. But there is not a lot of still air. I can mostly drive on interstates without a problem, don't rarely do. It is mostly ac here.

I didn't suggest a part, hbn7hj. If no solution when needed, maybe modifying the air flow for propane, but I don't know. If a roadtrek 190 like mine, call me.

Bud
Bud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 05:04 AM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrekrob View Post
Pomerlo:
Thanks for the info. I will follow up if I cannot repair the heater that I have. I was trying to be proactive with the post.
We are again driving more than 1,000 miles round trip this weekend to get our second Covid shots so I am hoping to get it repaired prior to leaving. I removed the frig to add the cooling fans. I nudged the heater wire by accident and the tab broke loose from the heater, thus the additional repair.
It will work better with the 175 watt heater. You have access, replace it.

Just an opinion.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote