Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2020, 09:30 PM   #1

Default Door Valance question

I closed the sliding door too hard and the shade track fell off. Anyone know how to remove the sliding door valance on a Winnebago Era 170 so I can get to the shade track?
Sunny Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:48 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Did the actual retaking clips fall out or just the shade and the bar it attaches to fall out? Mine stopped rolling and I’ve had it in and out a couple of times. I still haven’t figured out how to remove the valance but really don’t need to. Using a flashlight you will see there are two retaining clips, one on each end, that the bar just snaps into. I get the shade up in place and use a screwdriver to push the edge of the bar into each clip.

MCD sent me a new spring part but I think I need the stay-down ratchet end too. We had to leave before I got it working but until I move the TV to the refrigerator wall it turns out we don’t need the shade.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:01 PM   #3

Default Valance

Thanks, MagicBus- One of the retaining clips fell off, which makes it tricky to put back on without taking the whole valance off.
Hey, we took out that counter tv, too! It was cumbersome to get around and we needed the counter space it took up. Makes the space look and feel bigger. The hole the tv stand left in the counter top we've made into a tube vase and put flowers in it!
Sunny Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
valance question