Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2015, 03:02 PM   #101
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Cluck, cluck......

you are funny-lol-however reverse psychology does not work on me.

besides-although he does not know it i saved him from having his name plastered out there.

last year shortly after he left to go south a roadtrek employee put his name in a post wishing him goodbye since they did not see him off.

this was i think early on a sunday morning. i saw it as soon as it was posted and realized what it was. i told the poster that they should delete it because he did not want his name known. it was only up a few minutes before it was deleted. if i had not told the poster there is no idea how long it would have been up.

he has good reasons for this which he has alluded to in the past. I will NOT make it known.

good try though ron
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:13 PM   #102
Platinum Member

There are so many users now, how the hell would I know which one was deleted?
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:53 PM   #103
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
There are so many users now, how the hell would I know which one was deleted?
you are overreacting. just because he blocked you. Besides he might not be on your site or has other aliases i don;t know about. he's smart and would find a way on if he wanted. let it drop
Old 07-29-2015, 04:12 PM   #104
Platinum Member

Check the profile of anyone you have added since the start of this thread especially those with no avatar. That could narrow it down. Even though you have an open group, you are not obligated to add everyone. In my 2,400 member Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwich open group I won't approve anyone I can't determine is a real person with their profile. I figure it is a participation sharing discussion group. I've successfully fended off the sunglasses selling spammers for the most part being heavy handed. If open, people are free to read it anyway if that's their goal. With closed groups you have to join to read.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 05:10 PM   #105
Platinum Member

I'm not stirred up enough to go thru all that.

I did have one person I had to boot because they were a spammer. I was naive enough to believe someone in China wanted to join the group. LOL. They did have an unbelievable deal on sunglasses though!

I do have one person that has a pseudonym, but I did have a conversation with them before I let them in and it's turned out OK.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:13 PM   #106
Platinum Member

I'm not so sure board/group owners can always tell when there is an alias or pseudonym.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:33 PM   #107
Platinum Member

Thanks Wincrasher,

That pseudonym person was me. Fortunately we had just posted our solar install on our Roadtrek in this forum the week before so I could validate I was not a spammer. We do have a Roadtrek and although I am on both the Class B Camper Vans and Roadtreking Facebook groups, I just watch from the sidelines. Roadtreking has an event at the Michigan Speedway next month which we are attending so it will interesting to see how many that are attending are FB regular posters.

Anyone from this group attending?

Cruisefx
cruisefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:14 PM   #108
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obgraham View Post
I'm not so sure board/group owners can always tell when there is an alias or pseudonym.
I'm getting pretty good at it. I'm not too worried about aliases and pseudonyms as long as I can figure them out as real people with an interest. I reject a couple of spammers a day. I never publicly mention how I know because they are getting more and more sophisticated in trying to get by you. They are persistent and there are a lot of them. I mentioned it is no skin off my knee or benefit of the doubt if I reject a legitimate request because they can still read and follow an open group. If they want to truly participate and contribute I will more than not get a followup private message request. That's happened a few times.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:07 AM   #109
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
They haven't backed down. They have just gotten lax. If someone reported them their accounts can get dumped. It happens all the time with fake name spammers that try to join groups. Which is probably why now Campskunk will never attempt to join Wincrasher's Class B group.
They were taken to court... and decided to not enforce it to avoid dealing with the lawsuits.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:39 AM   #110
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
They were taken to court... and decided to not enforce it to avoid dealing with the lawsuits.
Groups are created and administered by individuals, not Facebook. As I described earlier, if I cannot ascertain whether I want you in my group, you don't get in, and if you violate my group conditions you'll get booted not blocked. It is pretty simple. However, as an administrator I would never simply block a person's messages so they could not see mine. That is juvenile as you mentioned.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:59 AM   #111
Platinum Member

This is an individual's action and really nothing to do with the group on Facebook... nor with using pseudonyms.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 04:57 AM   #112

Add me to the banned list. One of the elite blocked me so I chose to remove myself from the group. I do not want to belong to such a censored, and one sided group so I will just let them live by themselves with their rose colored glasses on.
bulletb443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 06:58 AM   #113
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletb443 View Post
Add me to the banned list. One of the elite blocked me so I chose to remove myself from the group. I do not want to belong to such a censored, and one sided group so I will just let them live by themselves with their rose colored glasses on.
Welcome to the forum, and banned or quit group bulletb443...

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:09 PM   #114
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

What an entertaining and educational thread this one turned out to be. I'm glad it got bumped up to # 1 on the recent threads list, and curiosity got the better of me.
Thanks to all who've contributed. I've learned a lot.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:41 PM   #115
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletb443 View Post
who other than campskunk is doing blocking. i haven't been blocked by anyone else?
Old 08-02-2015, 02:03 PM   #116
Platinum Member

I'm about to pull out as well. Whenever something mildly interesting comes up, since I'm blocked, I miss out on half the conversation and many of the interesting links. Very frustrating knowing that the blocking is capricious and unwarranted.

Most of the recent postings have been arguing about dog poop anyways.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:16 PM   #117
Platinum Member

It does make one wonder where it all is heading. Wendland appears to be fed up with it. Campskunk also seems to not want to have to deal with stuff that is confrontational any more. Hammil is often a violator of the don't be inpolite rules himself when he gets pushed. Splinter groups have been forming based on disgruntled outcasts. Discussions like this one exist other places.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it shut down in the relatively near future, or turned over to someone non affiliated with Roadtrek. We all know they monitor the other forums, and certainly this discussion, so it has to be getting obvious that they are getting quite a bit of bad press out of all of the turmoil. Add to that the fact that Roadtrek has lost a lot of the control of the discussion of their products in many sources of information, like the forums and groups. There was a much more general blowback on the latest release of products, and the subsequent changes to the release, than in the past. The proprietary, "we are great, trust us" isn't working as well, especially as folks are on the same site complaining about problems with previous units.

Roadtrek did a very good job of marketing through the social media, in a semi-disguised manner, but they may be getting close to the more harm than good tipping point.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:08 PM   #118
Platinum Member

It would be a shame if it was shut down. Despite the warts, there is still a lot of useful information on that site. Sure, it could be learned elsewhere, but multiple sources is preferable to me.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:15 PM   #119
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obgraham View Post
It would be a shame if it was shut down. Despite the warts, there is still a lot of useful information on that site. Sure, it could be learned elsewhere, but multiple sources is preferable to me.
I agree, you can't have too many sources of information. It would good if it stuck around, just don't know if it will.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:19 PM   #120
Silver Member

I still follow it but now on "my" Facebook account. I just sign on with someone else's account and I never make any comments....just read and then Skunk can't block me from reading his dribble and drabble.
bikerbill is offline   Reply With Quote