Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default e-bay misunderstanding

On my part.

When I bought the two Chevy mirrors last week, I had been looking at them on e-bay and doing different searches as they were coming up in different places. One search brought up the ones I bought. The listings showed one of them as "4 available, 3 sold" so I assumed that he had 4 to sell and had 1 left. They were a very good deal, so I ordered them, even though I had not heard back from my request about combined shipping. I later heard from the seller that the listing doesn't mean that. It means he had 7 to sell originally and 3 had sold, leaving 4 as available. It never occurred to me that it could mean that. I assume he is correct, as later the listing showed 3 available 4 sold.

Seems an odd way to state it, but good to know, as I have hurried on other stuff in the past because I thought they were almost sold out.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: e-bay misunderstanding

I do agree the wording is sort of vague. I'd probably state it as "four waiting to be bought" or "four remaining out of seven".
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Default Re: e-bay misunderstanding

funny, I never had a problem with what it meant, until now!!! It's always made sense, but now you explained how you were confused, and I'm feeling confused too!
kellyllek is offline   Reply With Quote