Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2020, 07:59 AM   #1

Default Easiest/Smoothest way to sell a Winnebago Revel?

I have 2019 Winnebago Revel. Which works just fine. But really isn't for me (bicycles need to be on a rack on the back, I really want the bicycles inside the van. Lesson learned.)

Given what dealers seem to think they'll get for a new one, it would seem I should get an OK price for it.

So, what's the lowest hassle/least odds of being swindled out of the payment mechanism to sell such a vehicle?

Thoughts on this?
bryanwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:35 AM   #2
Platinum Member

You had the pleasure of depreciating it big time. If you want to sell it, you will likely take a big loss!
Tiffin Allegro
Foretravel U225
wny-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 01:45 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanwi View Post
So, what's the lowest hassle/least odds of being swindled out of the payment mechanism to sell such a vehicle?

Thoughts on this?
I read this as you asking for a secure method of transferring the funds at purchase time, correct?

Cash, unmarked 20's.
Old 12-09-2020, 03:00 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Direct electronic transfer, transacted at seller’s bank where title and keys are delivered after verification of funds transfer.
Old 12-09-2020, 03:33 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
I have 2019 Winnebago Revel. Which works just fine. But really isn't for me (bicycles need to be on a rack on the back, I really want the bicycles inside the van. Lesson learned.)

Given what dealers seem to think they'll get for a new one, it would seem I should get an OK price for it.

Thoughts on this?
Ordinarily, you take a bath in depreciation for buying new, but in today's seller's market, you may get close to your purchase price.

But then, you will likely take a bath on your new class b for which prices have skyrocketed. They get you going and coming, sometimes both ways.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 05:33 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Direct electronic transfer, transacted at seller’s bank where title and keys are e delivered after verification of funds transfer.
Worked for me buying one then selling it 5 years later.
magicbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 05:38 PM   #7
Platinum Member

As a hardcore cyclist, this seems like an extremely expensive way to keep your bike dry. Personally, I bought a second less expensive travel bike that I use with my Class B. I also have my bikes set up high on the bike rack on top of my Aluminess rear boxes so they stay pretty clean away from the usual tire spray. I also have a rain tarp that I can throw on in inclement weather.

This thread also reminds me of the frequent but seldom followed forum advice of renting for a couple days first before buying.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 08:41 PM   #8
Gold Member

Here’s how to keep your bike protected on a bike rack on the back or your rig:
https://velosock.us/collections/bike...transportation
It’s up to you to handle the security (locks)
Old 12-09-2020, 10:19 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Old View Post
Here’s how to keep your bike protected on a bike rack on the back or your rig:
https://velosock.us/collections/bike...transportation
It’s up to you to handle the security (locks)
Unless it blocks your taillights, which this would on my Sprinter.
magicbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 10:45 PM   #10
Platinum Member

There are several active Revel groups on Facebook. Prices are pretty high right now.
Knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 10:50 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:

Thoughts on this?
I've done trade ins with all my Class Bs. But that means you would be shopping for a new Class B. It is the least hassle but not maybe the best value wise. But I have always considered an RV a want and not a need and the only value consideration is can I afford it. BTW, I've custom designed a 144" WB Sprinter where you can get two bicycles inside per my requirements.

The 27 cf storage space could be flexible anyway you want it such as you can get two regular bicycles in vertically. We already own the two folding bicycles and have for three years.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:11 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Out of curiosity what are your replacing the Revel with? We have a similar desire to store bikes inside.

Given the current RV buying craze, particularly smaller Class B units such as the Revel, I think you'll do OK on the resale.
rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:58 PM   #13
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbus View Post
Unless it blocks your taillights, which this would on my Sprinter.
I drive a Sprinter. The lights are visible on mine.
Old 12-10-2020, 09:16 AM   #14

The forum software has deleted my reply twice, this is the last try.

The bank thing is a great and obvious idea, which I hadn't thought of, thank you!

For those commenting on depreciation, trade-ins, bike coverings, etc. - it doesn't matter.

I bought the revel as a kind of opportunistic experiment (one was available and I could take i to the first race of 2019) - I fully expected it might not work out. It didn't.

I now know that I DO NOT WANT an RV - because it's full of RV stuff - what I want, and am going back to, is my cargo van. Discussing/Arguing about why is silly. I missed it sorely, and having gone back to it as my daily driver has been a huge relief.

The revel is a well executed version of what it is - it's just the wrong thing for me.

Peace.
Old 12-10-2020, 09:19 AM   #15

For anybody who cares - my revel has an owl rack bike rack - but a custom version that is not nearly so high. The bikes are just above the tail lights.

But the pain in my shoulders means even this is frankly a torment to use, and since it's kind of fixed, it makes the van "longer".

Whoever buys it can have the owl rack, or the stanard version, or convert it back, as they wish.

The owl is nice in that you can open the door, with the bike on it or not, and not have to climb over it.

But as I noted above, what I really want is something different, so that's what I'm doing.
Old 12-10-2020, 10:44 AM   #16
Platinum Member

I appreciate clarification of the reasons for your decision, although preferences truly require no justification. Life is short, so do what works best for you. Curious... what kind of regular cargo van do you use?

My Roadtrek was a family hand-me-down, and I find myself drawn to something simpler with inside cargo space, so I get it.

The short units are desirable and much less common, so finding a buyer shouldn’t be too hard. Best wishes with your sale!
Old 12-10-2020, 05:39 PM   #17

Jon - my cargo van is a 2006 (dodge) sprinter. 2WD cargo van.

The revel chassis is of course a 13 year newer, 4x4 version, of the same van....
With a house built up inside.
Old 12-13-2020, 03:59 PM   #18
Silver Member

Bryanwi, you explained yourself well. I totally understand your needs and wants and applaud you for going back to what you know works. I think your resale at this point in time would be much higher than you think. I have the less expensive Solis Winnebago 2021 and would have love the opportunity to see your Revel but were happy with our decision. I am sure there will be an excited buyer out there who will love your Revel. Best of everything!
pacificstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:09 PM   #19

Why not look at something like the Komo bike carrier. Swings away for easy backdoor access, carries bikes full size easily (we carry 2 70 lb e-bikes) and other things. They are CDN made but there is a US distributer. Not cheap but easier than losing depreciation. They are fully lockable both to the RV and the enclosure itself. Great product. We use on a Chevy 3500 Express Roadtrek.

https://komocreation.com/coffre/
medvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:12 PM   #20

Quote:

Thoughts on this?
Try a listing on RVT.com
Rod@rvt is offline   Reply With Quote