Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2020, 07:15 PM   #1

Default Entegra Ethos, Promaster (travato 59k floorplan)

Hi all, (told this is Entegra/Jayco's first crack at class B)
1 week old, 3 days in Keys and 1 night (street camping).

Oddly enough:
1) No exterior fresh water fill, (must fill from inside under right bed cushion). Is this normal for class B's?

The Thor version of this has one, this is Jayco but I hear they are same manufacturer.

Can this be modified, if so, suggestions??

2) Flex bed conversion from twin to king, cross bars do not stay in place for placement of table and cushion. If we tried to go with configuration we'd be falling thru and damaging stuff.

Can this be modified, or suggestions on comfort?

Thanks
MarineLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 07:22 PM   #2
Platinum Member

just adding a link to it: https://www.entegracoach.com/motorhomes/ethos/
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 08:44 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I don’t know anything about Jayco but every time I look in an RV sales lot I leave in shock at how cheap everything looks. I could probably install an exterior water hookup without too much trouble (or if nothing else just tap in a hose connection by the back door) but the fact that they saved a few dollars there is probably just the tip of the iceberg. If the first step is to rebuild the plumbing and the bed, it seems like a bad sign LOL.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 08:52 PM   #4

Agreed! I looked at and drove all manufacturers of this floorplan (identical in feel and quality and bed setup, just I didn't test the bed).

Difference was the drive.

This one was as smooth as caddie.. thought it had to be the EZ-DRIVE..

But failed to notice or even ask about fresh water fill until I needed to fill, lol.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:56 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Maybe there's a 'city water' fill option. Many RV's have a valve inside the coach that permits filling the tank.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:10 PM   #6

Yes, I thought the same. I called Jayco.. surprisingly they've answered every time and very helpful. The dealership is on it too, figuring out a possible solution.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:47 PM   #7
Platinum Member

They were wise to make some attempt to modify the suspension with helper springs. All of these Class B’s can probably benefit from some suspension upgrades. The stock vans weren’t really designed to be used close to their GVWR all of the time. The water weight alone is a lot of weight.

On our Sprinter, I immediately replaced the lousy stock shocks with some custom tuned Fox shocks ($300-400 and easy to install with 4 bolts). This made a big enough difference that I didn’t even go further with helper springs, sway bars, etc.. I don’t think I would make an RV decision just based on suspension criteria because that is pretty easy to address aftermarket.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 10:07 PM   #8

All others in said floorplan looked and functioned the same in terms of perceived quality. One just drove and handled totally different. That's all I'm saying.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:34 PM   #9
Platinum Member

I'm shocked that Thor brought Jayco. Either Thor has done a complete turn around, or they will ruin Jayco. Jayco has always built a better product in my book!! Hopefully Thor had made a big turn around from what they use to be. Guess I've been away from the industry to long!
wny-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 03:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineLifer View Post
Yes, I thought the same. I called Jayco.. surprisingly they've answered every time and very helpful. The dealership is on it too, figuring out a possible solution.
Agree with you.
crtpnnb5rrdas5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 05:31 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wny-pat View Post
I'm shocked that Thor brought Jayco. Either Thor has done a complete turn around, or they will ruin Jayco. Jayco has always built a better product in my book!! Hopefully Thor had made a big turn around from what they use to be. Guess I've been away from the industry to long!
Now we can watch the quality that Jayco used to be known for tank. Or at least that was my first thought when I read that news awhile back.

"Jayco" is still building them, not Thor. Thor allows some autonomy, but does force cuts that always require lower quality and less quality control. (see "Airstream") Thor is also well known to have crap warranty coverage payment.

Quote:
They were wise to make some attempt to modify the suspension with helper springs.
Actually my 2500 based was good with nothing added. But merely adding Sumos made it better. Of course, I never travel with a full water tank.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 12:53 PM   #12
Bronze Member

We’ve had 2 Travatos. A 2018 and a 2020. On the 2020, Sumo springs now come standard. The ride is so much different. It’s much smoother and has less sway when a tractor trailer passes.
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 01:54 PM   #13
Platinum Member

I am intentionally having my build with no external fill. I don't want side and roof perforations.

Plus, nobody can prank me by putting something in my water.
TygerMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 03:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygerMark View Post
I am intentionally having my build with no external fill. I don't want side and roof perforations.

Plus, nobody can prank me by putting something in my water.
Good point, never thought of that... smart
Old 11-05-2020, 03:48 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxel7851 View Post
We’ve had 2 Travatos. A 2018 and a 2020. On the 2020, Sumo springs now come standard. The ride is so much different. It’s much smoother and has less sway when a tractor trailer passes.
Yeah, crawled around underneath yesterday... looking for overflow lines for fresh water fill (oddly enough they're there), and, sure does look like beefed up suspension.
Old 11-05-2020, 04:25 PM   #16
Gold Member

To me it sounds like the weekend came and on Monday they forgot where in the assembly line that was. That has to be a manufacturers mistake. Stand by for a recall.
kmessinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 04:47 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmessinger View Post
To me it sounds like the weekend came and on Monday they forgot where in the assembly line that was. That has to be a manufacturers mistake. Stand by for a recall.
Yeah, totally freaked me out when the only thing dealer/sales rep could come up with when I called was to fill from under right side bed cushion. I've had class c's and TT'rs

And I failed to ask during walk-thru.. left most of walk-thru to my lady with video recorded--as i was doing paperwork/wire. Why on earth...someone at dealer put water in it (they had to know). Dropping off on Monday for them to handle bed/water fill mod.
Old 11-05-2020, 05:08 PM   #18
Gold Member

The refill should be next to the city water fill on the driver's side. That means it has to cross over under the flooring. The line definitely has to be on the inside or it will freeze.

I am as surprised as you. It looks like they took the Travato wiring (and other) schematics from Winnebago! It is a great floor plan. My wife and me really like it.
Old 11-05-2020, 05:19 PM   #19
Gold Member

But electric hook up and black water flush are on the drivers side normally? I worried about someone coming into my driveway and dumping the black water, actually still worry.

Tags
bedding, fresh water fill, sleeping, travato 59k