Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2021, 04:19 PM   #1

Default Fantastic Fan Won't Start

Hello. I thought we should ask for some expert advice before replacing an RV vent fan. looking for some helpful advice from you experts. Formerly we owned a Roadtrek with a Fantastic Fan that we felt lived up to its name. We installed a window version fan from the makers of Fantastic Fan in our current Class B with no problems. Recently we purchased a 2007 Rockwell trailer in great shape that has a roof mount Fantastic Fan. We are disappointed that the fan does not turn on as expected when we set the thermostat and open the vent. All fuses have been checked. We did a test bypass of the switch and the fan still did not activate. Any other ideas?
MountBranson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:20 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Check the plunger switch that completes the fan motor circuit when the lid is up.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:01 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Default Echo That

The plunger switch, which cuts power to the fan when the lid is shut, seems to corrode internally with lack of use between seasons. To make it work, I remove the screen and work the switch several times with my finger. So far, this has fixed it every time. I plan to get on the roof and spray some WD-40 in the switch to effect a longer term fix.
rvsprinterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 08:55 PM   #4

Thumbs up Yaay! Problem solved!

Thank you Gregmchugh and Sprinter guy! The problem involved a wall switch that needed to be on AND the plunger switch that needed to be freed. Thanks to you, we have a Fantastic Fan again!
MountBranson is offline   Reply With Quote