Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2016, 03:43 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Finding Sprinter Factory Options Using VIN

Our 06 GWV Sprinter came with a GWV binder full of information on the upfit but there isn't any owners manual for the MB (Dodge) chassis.

Took me a while just to figure the basic driving controls out (accidentally left headlights on - no AUTO position on German vehicles..) I have downloaded some excellent PDF's online but I don't know what I actually have for options.

For instance I have a light on the instrument panel that says ESP so I assume it has the Electronic Stability Program.

Also there seems to be some type of aux heat that may run off the diesel. There is a button that boosts the heat and one the says REST that I think uses residual engine heat after being turned off.

Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 06:08 PM   #2
Site Team

If you join the Sprinter-Source list, there is a user SAILQUIK who subscribes to a service that lets him run a build sheet given the VIN. He does these for free as a service to members of that list.

You used to be able to download Dodge Sprinter operator;s manuals from their website. No idea if they are still there, but if not, I have a 2004 manual in .PDF that I could send you. Let me know.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 05:48 AM   #3

Also you could call the service dept. at your local Mercedes dealer. I emailed the Sprinter service rep. with the VIN of my 2015 GWV and he emailed back the list of the standard and optional equipment/features. I am sure it should have come with the van, but the dealer had either lost all the paperwork or never received it from GWV.
DutchMountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 06:24 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marley View Post
Our 06 GWV Sprinter came with a GWV binder full of information on the upfit but there isn't any owners manual for the MB (Dodge) chassis.

Took me a while just to figure the basic driving controls out (accidentally left headlights on - no AUTO position on German vehicles..) I have downloaded some excellent PDF's online but I don't know what I actually have for options.

For instance I have a light on the instrument panel that says ESP so I assume it has the Electronic Stability Program.

Also there seems to be some type of aux heat that may run off the diesel. There is a button that boosts the heat and one the says REST that I think uses residual engine heat after being turned off.

You can get Dodge owner manuals at this link:
https://www.mopar.com/dodge/en-us/ca...ge-center.html

Just enter your vehicle year/model and it will give you a list of available manuals.

I also have a subscription to the Mercedes EPC that Avanti mentioned and can get you an options data card if Dodge Sprinters are included in the data. Send me your VIN via a PM (Private Message) and I'll check for you.

Another option is to go to a Dodge dealer and ask their part person to get you a copy of your vehicles options list data card.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:04 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Hi Marley,
Got your data card, but the Private Message system won't allow me to attach the file. It is a small PDF file, about 47K, and four pages. If you send me an email address I'll send it to you. Adding an jpeg images of four pages without the VIN below.

- - Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture_p1.JPG (55.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Capture-p2.JPG (97.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Capture-p3.JPG (95.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Capture-p4.JPG (19.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-10-2017, 02:33 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Cool. Thanks Mike. Tried to email you but returned as no-such-address.
Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:19 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marley View Post
Cool. Thanks Mike. Tried to email you but returned as no-such-address.
Ok - just sent you another PM with my email again. I must have fat fingered it yesterday.