Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2021, 02:01 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default First Pay First Get

I learned this new term when I called to reserve a site at a campground run by Oklahoma State University.

I called on Thursday afternoon to reserve a site for Sunday night. To reserve the site for Sunday, I would have to pay for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday even though someone else would be on the site Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

I said I’d call back on Sunday and take my chances.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 02:40 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNomer View Post
I learned this new term when I called to reserve a site at a campground run by Oklahoma State University.

I called on Thursday afternoon to reserve a site for Sunday night. To reserve the site for Sunday, I would have to pay for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday even though someone else would be on the site Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

I said I’d call back on Sunday and take my chances.

You sure about that? Would they refund the 3 days when you got there Sunday? It makes no sense at all.

That said, I have heard of campgrounds requiring two or 3 day stays on weekends to prevent non used single days, but nothing that had you paying for a site that was already reserved.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 04:36 PM   #3
Platinum Member

No refund. They would get double dip for those extra nights. Shucks, there's no limit to extra dips, depending on how stupid or desperate people might be.

I got here this morning and paid for my one night (Sunday) in a choice water-front space—perhaps the best spot in the whole campground, so I’m a happy camper.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 05:42 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNomer View Post
No refund. They would get double dip for those extra nights. Shucks, there's no limit to extra dips, depending on how stupid or desperate people might be.

I got here this morning and paid for my one night (Sunday) in a choice water-front space—perhaps the best spot in the whole campground, so I’m a happy camper.
Just another example of a scam to take advantage of the current situation and rake in more money.