Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2016, 02:00 AM   #21
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

You know something I just noticed in the specs. LT is using the 178" wheelbase version of the cutaway, and WGO & Thor are using the 156" version in their Transit RV's...
Interesting. Should be much better ride and handling, and for sure less rear overhang

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 02:05 AM   #22
Platinum Member

Good attributes, but does it reduce payload as well? Extending the frame adds weight.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:02 AM   #23
Platinum Member

From the Ford spec you lose 120lb of payload capacity on the diesel cutaway going from the 156 to the 178 inch wheelbase.

Looks like you could gain 370 Lb of payload if Ford offered the EcoBoost gas vs the diesel on the cutaway.

Not likely anyone would use the base gas engine which is also currently available in the cutaway on a a Class C, a lot less torque...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:23 AM   #24
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

I'd give up the 120lbs in a minute for the longer WB

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:02 AM   #25
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
If I ever went to a Class C I would never buy an either/or arrangement where you have to make a decision to sleep or stay up as this one requires. Looks like a Murphy bed.
A permanent bed was an absolute must-have for us... that was one of the must-have requirements that drove the design of our DIY van conversion.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:34 PM   #26
Platinum Member

LTV has indicated that there will be other floor plans for the Transit based Wonder and it will be available in the fall.
Old 01-18-2016, 02:22 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Like that they are being used. But its kind of a big waste of time until gas engines are available in the cutaway.

The only advantage to the Transit Diesel over the MB is the dealer network for service.

Im sure there are others like me that want a gas RV and want nothing to do with diesel. So when they make these kind of coaches on the Ecoboost Transits then things will be interesting. Until then it just kind of feels like them trying out floorplans waiting for the gas Ecoboost engines to be available.

This particular floorplan I dont really get personally. Seems like it would be pretty annoying for people actually using it for weeks at a time. I prefer permanent twin beds and a from permanent table. Only a few models that even offer that though in the B+ segment. With Phoenix being the only "affordable" one.
mrshowtime3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 01:35 PM   #28
Platinum Member

It's not just a matter of building your bed every night but say your partner is sick and needs to lay in bed all day. Yes ,you can use the cab seats but would be walking on eggshells trying not to disturb them. Don't underestimate the value of two living zones. I guess ultimately , I really don't care what others buy but I try to pass on what little knowledge of motor homing I have. I predict the Murphy bed idea will go the way of the slideout Sprinter models so I would advise to wait and pick one up used cheap.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:57 PM   #29
Platinum Member

There are other floor plans coming so hopefully something for everyone's preferences...