Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2019, 05:44 AM   #1

Default Fridge Problem

Hi folks,
Recently purchased a 2010 Roadtrek SS Agile. The 3 way fridge does not want to start up on propane. It keeps trying, and I can hear it clicking away trying to ignite, but no go. The stove works fine on propane, but the fridge just won’t fire up. Lots of propane in the tank. Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Blue Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:46 AM   #2
Platinum Member

You've already confirmed that the tank has propane and that the stove works so that's a great start.

A relatively easy next step would be cleaning the fridge burner / burner area with compressed air to remove debris. Google the fridge model number and you should be able to find specific instructions.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 04:05 PM   #3

Many thanks. I’ll give that a try.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:31 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I had the same problem. I tried the cleaning with out success. Contacted:https://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/
The tech walked me through the test process and determined the circuit board was defective. He even referred me to a dealer with best price. Great Customer Service and a good product.
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:13 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Make sure the ignitor that you hear clicking is near the propane gas when it clicks. I had an older fridge where the ignitor that was spot welded in place had come undone and was nowhere near the flame when it sparked. A little bit of JB Weld on its bracket and some cure time fixed it.

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:23 PM   #6

Thanks for your replies markopolo, Deano and eric1514. I must have tried to get it to ignite about 20 times over the course of the morning. Decided to give it one more try after an hour or so, and off she went. I don't know why it takes so long to ignite. Perhaps the connection to the solenoid is dirty. That's the next thing I'll clean up. Fornow, Im just happy to get it going. Thanks again for your suggestions.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:35 AM   #7
Gold Member

Can you start it manually with a click lighter? (Might have to remove a small cover near the burner (obviously the main vent cover on the side of your RV must be removed first) If you can start manually then it’s the placement of the spark igniter. If not then more about the flow of gas through the burner.
Bertiboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 05:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertiboo View Post
Can you start it manually with a click lighter? (Might have to remove a small cover near the burner (obviously the main vent cover on the side of your RV must be removed first) If you can start manually then it’s the placement of the spark igniter. If not then more about the flow of gas through the burner.
Thanks Bertiboo. It seems to be working now. We just did a short 5 day trip and the fridge was on AC, 12 volt and propane at various times. Each time we switched back to propane it fired right up. The problem seems to be after it has been sitting for some time with the fridge off or on AC power. That's when it takes numerous attempts to get it to ignite. I just have to persevere and keep trying until it decides to go. I have had the cover off and everything appears clean and normal. Next time I will give it a try with a click lighter to perhaps speed the process up.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:24 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Normal. Air in the line. Turning on the furnace and/or stove first usually clears it out.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 05:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbn7hj View Post
Normal. Air in the line. Turning on the furnace and/or stove first usually clears it out.
I did run the stove for a couple of minutes, but I will also run the furnace next time. Good tip. Thanks.