Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2021, 03:10 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Front table for 2001 Roadtrek 190 Popular

The 2001 RT 190 Popular I bought seems to be equipped with the table from a Versatile model (if I have the models sorted out in my head). My table is square (with rounded corners) and has 4 the flip up table extenders for each of the 4 sitters. Problem is: my Popular only has 3 seats and I find the table a bit large and unwieldy for two people. There's another table under the driver side bench in the back but I gather that's for the rear bench-seating use.

I'd like to get a more compact table for use up front in my Popular. I gather the proper table is sort of oval-shaped, and the mount is off-center so it can be rotated to whatever position is most suitable for the passengers and use.

Would anyone have an idea what size the proper Popular table might be, and position of the hardware mount underneath? I suppose I could store the 4-seater table in the garage and make proper-sized table to better fit in my Popular?

Or are there other solutions to having a little table-for-two up front?

Looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks.
rstl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 03:52 PM   #2
Silver Member

Here's a photo illustrating the table I have in my Popular (from RT brochure), and which I gather is normally fitted with a Versatile (4 front seat) model:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rt versatile table.jpg (182.7 KB, 14 views)
Old 09-05-2021, 04:04 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstl99 View Post
Here's a photo illustrating the table I have in my Popular (from RT brochure), and which I gather is normally fitted with a Versatile (4 front seat) model:

Taking off two of the wings or even all of them will make it more easier to handle.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 04:07 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstl99 View Post
The 2001 RT 190 Popular I bought seems to be equipped with the table from a Versatile model (if I have the models sorted out in my head). My table is square (with rounded corners) and has 4 the flip up table extenders for each of the 4 sitters. Problem is: my Popular only has 3 seats and I find the table a bit large and unwieldy for two people. There's another table under the driver side bench in the back but I gather that's for the rear bench-seating use.

I'd like to get a more compact table for use up front in my Popular. I gather the proper table is sort of oval-shaped, and the mount is off-center so it can be rotated to whatever position is most suitable for the passengers and use.

Would anyone have an idea what size the proper Popular table might be, and position of the hardware mount underneath? I suppose I could store the 4-seater table in the garage and make proper-sized table to better fit in my Popular?

Or are there other solutions to having a little table-for-two up front?

Looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks.
I think that table is called a cloverleaf table. Unless yours is different than the one we had in our 200V(with three seats, the rear on the passenger side) the mount is also off center so it can be rotated to wherever it'll work best. We liked ours.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 04:11 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I'd set up the table, lay a sheet of construction paper over top and trace out the size for a new table top which allows easier movement around it, yet of a size to accomodate your needs

I'd use radiused corners, but that's not crucial as It will always be stowed when driving

then cut one of of 3/4" ply, screw a mast receiver into the bottom and cover it with formica or even mactac to make spills an easy wipe up

in our pleasure way, we don't use either of the tables to ease movement inside the van. we use trays

and more often the picnic table at a campground

by leaving our 2 table tops at home, the armoire was more easily converted to a pantry with sliding baskets

the space for our shower tray is now home to a small solar panel

we are either in the boonies= outdoor shower wand

or at a campground

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 12:35 PM   #6
Silver Member

Thanks Mike for the great tips.
I have indeed removed the flip up extensions from the cloverleaf table and it is indeed much easier to install and use, for those occasions when a table may be needed up there.
Much appreciated.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:37 AM   #7
Bronze Member

I have a 2002 Dodge 3500 RT 190 P with three seats. I also have a clover-leaf table with the four flip-ups and a table in the rear, under the driver side rear seat/bed area with no flips ups. Each table will work in either area, front or rear. My wife and I use the "flip-up" table to eat in the front. The rear solid table provides a support if you want the king-size bed in the rear. I suppose you could built your own table and use the underneath support of the table.
We really enjoy our RT and it's a well conceived design.
s
sehsteve@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 01:14 PM   #8
Silver Member

Thanks Steve, glad to know you have the same configuration of tables in your 2002 190P, which tells me that the cloverleaf table was probably stock in my 2001.
With time I'll get to figure out what table configuration works best for me/us.
Glad you're enjoying your RT, I certainly look forward to enjoying mine in due time.
Regards.
R
Old 09-17-2021, 02:34 PM   #9
Platinum Member

If you go to the Roadtrek site and the heading "brochures", you should be able to see pix of the tables used for most models and years. I am pretty sure the 190s change in 2007-2008 time frame on Chevies and may have changed from Dodge to Chevy in about 2002-2003 but not sure.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote