Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Fulltime Roadtrekers?

Just wondering: Does anyone know of any fulltime Roadtrekers?
Or how about those who use their Treks for long trips... do they take breaks every now and then with motel stays?
Does that cramped spaces preclude really long trips?

A journalist takes up RVing in a Roadtrek Class B Motorhome
Roadtreking Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Fulltime Roadtrekers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtreking Mike
Or how about those who use their Treks for long trips... do they take breaks every now and then with motel stays?
There are two fulltimers on the Yahoo board, both couples. One in a 170 Dodge and one in a 190 Chevy.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #3
Anu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtreking Mike
Here's one, in a RT 210. There's also a couple women on the solo women rvers forum that are full time in a RT.

http://www.mytripjournal.com/MTJ/WebObj ... g/2.7.11.1

Quote:
I did take a break in a motel while on the road on my trip to SC from the DC area. I usually travel with my 15 year old daughter and dog.
We have a long trip planned in summer, roughly 12k to 14 k miles. We probably will take breaks every now and then in a motel
My daughter tosses and turns and lot and if I need some good sleep occasionally on that long trip, it would mean
a little motel break now and then.
Anu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:14 AM   #4
Gold Member

Anu, where's the solo women RVer's forum?

Mike, I get it with the wanderlust...lucky for me I store my PW at a storage place about 5 miles away and can't see it everyday, but today I went out there after work to put toilet chemical in (I didn't have enough water onboard to do after I dumped and since I was storing it and not using it decided it wasn't a big deal) and as soon as I saw it there I was wishing I was going out camping this weekend!

At this point I can't imagine ever sleeping anywhere other than my bed at home or my PW. Hotel free! I also can't see myself getting tired of being in the PW, but I'm just one person, I also cannot imagine living in it with any other living thing (person or animal). My PW is also still very new! Talk to me after I get back from Maine this summer...at this point I haven't decided how long I'll be gone, I'm thinking I'll stay out until I'm done...prob 3-ish weeks.

I know last weekend there were several folks camping in small RVs - a couple of class Bs and some class Cs built on Sprinters - and I noticed that the owners were never outside in the evenings and from the outside it looked like they'd be cramped, but then I'd go into my van and not have any desire to leave!
teachergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #5
Anu

Melissa

http://www.womenrv.com/forum/

Mike

Here's another blog by a couple that are traveling all over the Americas and are now planning the world in a sprinter.

www.sprinterlife.com

I hear you about sitting in the RT. I have mine parked right outside too. I just go in and walk around, look in the cabinets or clean .. I usually tell myself if I go in and sit inside it for a while it will give me better idea and perspective on the mods I am planning .. that is my story and I am sticking to it. . My teenage daughter thinks i am plain crazy and I am sure my neighbors agree with her.
Anu is offline   Reply With Quote