Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2019, 11:36 PM   #1

Default Galleria fresh water system

Just picked up a 2019 Galleria 24A, water pump seems to be dead. Is there a fresh water drain? Dealer filled the tank, we can't empty it
stan shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:57 PM   #2
Platinum Member

There has to be a drain somewhere. The problem is that the 24A floor plan is new, and nobody on the FB group has any experience with it. If you'll crawl under the coach towards the rear on the side where the tank is located, you should be able to see it.

On the FB Group I gave your other half a suggestion of something to try. Have you tried it yet?
Old 07-09-2019, 02:13 PM   #3

Default still no water pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUTCH in Atlanta View Post
There has to be a drain somewhere. The problem is that the 24A floor plan is new, and nobody on the FB group has any experience with it. If you'll crawl under the coach towards the rear on the side where the tank is located, you should be able to see it.

On the FB Group I gave your other half a suggestion of something to try. Have you tried it yet?
Hi Dutch-Thanks for responding. Yes, we opened the faucets and tried turning on the pump but it still doesn't come on. The fresh tank is now full since we added water and we're unable to locate the tank drain so we're driving with a full tank
Old 07-09-2019, 02:20 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Default Finding the Drain

I don't know your rig, but on mine, if I crawl underneath and find the fresh water tank, I see a threaded plug located at the lowest part of the plumbing.

Recently I emptied the water tank because I needed some additional weight capacity.

There has to be a way to empty your tank.

Is the dealer close by? Have them explain why your new van's water pump failed.
rvsprinterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:28 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Stan, Contact Greg at Coachmen. He can get you going in the right direction to remedy this.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:05 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUTCH in Atlanta View Post
Stan, Contact Greg at Coachmen. He can get you going in the right direction to remedy this.

This ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ !

You have a new rig, Coachmen should stand behind it and it may be just a problem they can correct over the phone. Let them (or your dealer) advise you. No need to be shy. We were all in your position once learning the intricacies of our rigs.

And welcome to the forum!
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
This ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ !

You have a new rig, Coachmen should stand behind it and it may be just a problem they can correct over the phone. Let them (or your dealer) advise you. No need to be shy. We were all in your position once learning the intricacies of our rigs.

And welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the welcome and the helpful responses! We got it working, turns out the freshwater drain is INSIDE the coach, the driver's side bed board has to be removed to gain access. There is a master shut-off on the tank which was off, that's why the pump wouldn't run. I opened the shut-off and all is good. Must have left the factory that way. If the pump is working the freshwater tank can be drained by opening the faucets. The low point drain is a short piece of PEK with it's own shut-off, a hose needs to be connected and lead out the rear doors. This should only be needed to winterize, not during normal travels.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:28 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan shields View Post
Thanks for the welcome and the helpful responses! We got it working, turns out the freshwater drain is INSIDE the coach, the driver's side bed board has to be removed to gain access. There is a master shut-off on the tank which was off, that's why the pump wouldn't run. I opened the shut-off and all is good. Must have left the factory that way. If the pump is working the freshwater tank can be drained by opening the faucets. The low point drain is a short piece of PEK with it's own shut-off, a hose needs to be connected and lead out the rear doors. This should only be needed to winterize, not during normal travels.
It's always appreciated when the poster (you) adds an update on their issue. Even better when it includes a solution.

Let us know about your adventures. Your Coachmen sounds like a great rig.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote