Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2019, 11:49 AM   #21

Thank you all for your thoughtful replies!
atlebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:15 PM   #22

Default In conclusion: We bought a PW Ascent TS

Well, we switched horses here at the end and got a Pleasure-Way Ascent TS 2016 (with generator). We are super pleased with it! Thanks for everyone who chimed in with their experience and recommendations!

Atle
Old 08-08-2019, 10:35 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Congratulations! Pleasurways are very nice. I hope you have many great experiences and memories with your new van.
Keyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:33 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlebj View Post
Well, we switched horses here at the end and got a Pleasure-Way Ascent TS 2016 (with generator). We are super pleased with it! Thanks for everyone who chimed in with their experience and recommendations!

Atle
Enjoy your new Pleasureway. Was it the first year with the standard 200ah lithium batteries? If so, the only major improvement they should have made was a compressor fridge. But I've heard almost universally good things about their class b's.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:53 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Enjoy your new Pleasureway. Was it the first year with the standard 200ah lithium batteries? If so, the only major improvement they should have made was a compressor fridge. But I've heard almost universally good things about their class b's.
I don't know if it is the first year with the 200aH batteries. I did see that the 2017 has a 2kW inverter, whereas mine does not (so I have to run gen if I want to use A/C or microwave when there is no shore power). I sure would like to add an inverter to it! If anyone can steer me in the right direction, that would be awesome!
Old 08-09-2019, 09:33 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlebj View Post
I don't know if it is the first year with the 200aH batteries. I did see that the 2017 has a 2kW inverter, whereas mine does not (so I have to run gen if I want to use A/C or microwave when there is no shore power). I sure would like to add an inverter to it! If anyone can steer me in the right direction, that would be awesome!
If you had two lead-acid AGM batteries, it's probably best to just fire up the generator to use the microwave. You could upgrade the inverter/charger to run the microwave (at considerable expense) but the AGM's won't like it.

I'm in the process of upgrading to two - 100ah lithium batteries, 2000W inverter/charger, and DC-DC charger (for when driving and charging the lithium's with the engine alternator). I'll be in for $2500 after all components and new cables.

All this is mainly to achieve 2.5 times battery capacity and yes, it will be nice to run the microwave. Forget about running the air conditioning on anything less that 400ah lithiums and a 3000W inverter. Even then, for only a few hours which is of marginal benefit in my opinion.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
agile, battery, ecotrek, generator, roadtrek