Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Ghost Whisperer

Ghost Whisperer - anyone watch the show?

5 seasons........... too bad it is over.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:59 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Ghost Whisperer

We watched a few episodes in the first couple years. DW didn't care for it, and I didn't have time anyway.
2014 Honda CR-V
1965 Dodge Coronet 440
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:54 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Didn't see that, and if it was about ghosts.... I probably wouldn't have watched it. Although I have personally seen manifestations that people might call ghosts. Benign. This happened to me in Burma, where people regard these occurrences as part of their world.
It taught me that we don't see 'existence' all at once...... Before you think I'm delusional, remember that science has been understanding ever deeper levels of existence for decades. As they "discover" smaller and smaller particles of the universe..... realize that this goes the other way, too. Ask a particle physicist if there are only 3 dimensions. Einstein wrote proof of a 4th dimension (time) 60 years ago. So if there is no past, present, future..... then it is probable that we can experience beings in a parallel existence. That we might call ghosts?
shezonit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:57 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Speaking of some amazing tv.....
anyone seen "Breaking Bad"?
Astounding morality play. Just how far bad will a good man go to provide for his family?
shezonit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:59 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezonit
Didn't see that, and if it was about ghosts.... I probably wouldn't have watched it. Although I have personally seen manifestations that people might call ghosts. Benign. This happened to me in Burma, where people regard these occurrences as part of their world.
It taught me that we don't see 'existence' all at once...... Before you think I'm delusional, remember that science has been understanding ever deeper levels of existence for decades. As they "discover" smaller and smaller particles of the universe..... realize that this goes the other way, too. Ask a particle physicist if there are only 3 dimensions. Einstein wrote proof of a 4th dimension (time) 60 years ago. So if there is no past, present, future..... then it is probable that we can experience beings in a parallel existence. That we might call ghosts?
I think we just move more slowly as we age, to the point where the universe passes us by sometimes,
so we get automatic "do overs" and that explains deja vu. It might also explain that which us oldies
see as "trails" off of people whose normal speed seems like light speed to us, so they appear to us to
be apparitions.
It isn't science, sadly, I think it's just senility.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Yes, the show is about ghosts - more like spirits really.

The premise is that after you die you see a "light" and "cross over" with a sense of happiness. It is not religious. If you have "unfinished business" then you don't see the light. The unfinished business can be serious (like a crime) or kind of trivial (like lost keys). Melinda has a gift that lets her see these spirits and she helps them finish whatever it is that is preventing them from moving on.

It can be really entertaining.

The effort that went into each show is amazing. They were basically producing a movie every week with cool special effects. They had to adhere to certain rules governing what ghost could do etc.

I partially watched a few episodes a few years ago and didn't like it. CBC started showing it daily and I got hooked. A real escape from the everyday.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:36 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

I have also been inadvertently hooked on some shows I would have turned my nose up at when
they were on in prime time. Funny how syndication sometimes breeds interest. Maybe they're on
at more convenient times for some of us?