Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2016, 05:31 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Glass Replacement Sarasota

I wasn't sure where to post this...but I just wanted to let the Class B Community know of a happy ending.
We were camping in our soon to be for sale 2001 Roadtrek 200P at a state park in Osprey, Florida when the passenger side rear awning window fell after becoming detached from its hinge. Luckily, the window landed on a patio mat, so it didn't break. To make a very long story much shorter, after about 20 calls to various companies who did not want to do this repair,(and one horribly failed attempt) we found Matt at Sarasota Auto Glass at 1242 North Lime Avenue. After explaining the situation to him, and Matt mentioning that he'd done this type of repair many times, and gave us directions to his business. Needless to say, Matt knows his business, and is very likable and professional. He worked on the Roadtrek over the weekend, and we were back on our way Monday morning. Rates were quite reasonable, and time-frame was fantastic. So, if you ever have a glass issue with your "B" in the southern Florida area, I would highly recommend Matt at Sarasota Auto Glass.
Moonmanvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 12:08 AM   #2
Bronze Member

Thanks for the tip. I'm curious....RV World in Nokomis wouldn't repair it? Right down the street.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:23 AM   #3
Silver Member

Correct, RV World called me back after I called 3 times over a 2 day period. Service waiting period was 3 weeks and they do not do glass anyway. Roadtrek, in Ontario,CA, suggested I buy a new window unit for $500+, then another $700 or so for the associated body work because the new window would not be an exact match. RV World finally gave me a number of a guy in Fort Meyers who would be up (mobile service) the following week, minimum charge of $150 or $250 ( I don't recall,I was pretty frustrated at that time) just to get there. Matt repaired the window for $90. Looks new, and closes flat (the window would remain open by about 2 inches by the work of the first place that tried to repair it). It was an ordeal, but it's finally over...thanks to Matt.
Moonmanvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 12:39 PM   #4
Bronze Member

For the size of dealer they are that's terrible service for such a seemingly easy task. Thanks, again, for the tip on Matt.

Tags
glass, sarasota, window