Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2021, 02:56 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Default Froli vs. Slats

Just a note on Froli vs. slats since I have Froli installed in my unit -

The Froli system has a few significant differences from slats. It has a softer feel and is more like sleeping on a mattress that just happens to be a few inches thicker then the one you are actually on. It also has the advantage of having an equal cushion effect all the way to the edge. Slats provide more cushioning in the center but no cushioning at all at the edges of the mattress. This unequal effect will matter more if you share the bed and sleep closer to the edge.

Of course changing sheets with the Froli system is a bit of a pain because they never fail to hook them and make them harder to remove.
jakegw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 04:41 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Good to know. That was my take when I compared slats vs. Froli but I never installed the Froli since the increase in height cramped my feet since the bed goes under a TV cabinet. Out of curiosity which model of the Froli did you get?
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:47 PM   #23
Platinum Member

The Travato used to come with the froli system but they switched to slats because people complained about sheets getting caught in the froli system and they seem to be hard to keep in place. (The "keep in place" problem may well have been caused by WGO's poor installation. The best advice Travato people seemed to have with them is to put new screws into them to keep them in place better and to put a fitted sheet over them to avoid getting sheets caught.
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote