Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2018, 05:38 AM   #1

Default Graphic Details

I have a white 2012 Pleasureway Lexor. The decals began to fade, crack, peel 1 year after purchasing. A local body shop owner told me I should get higher quality decals similar to what's on police cars in my area and told me which graphics shop to go to. I do trust the bodyshop owner and do trust the graphics shop. But what should I look for or ask for when I go in? Can someone explain the differences in decals? I was given replacement decals (box says 3M), but not sure I want to use those again and have to replace in another year. Although I'm ok with replacing with same or similar decals, I would like new graphics with a more bold twist. But what happens when the original decals are removed? Bottom decals are on metal Chevy and top decals are on the fiberglass top. I assume the white paint color may be different where the decals were applied due to UV blockage. Any insight would be helpful, i.e. mil, thickness, brand, etc.
pwlextex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:32 PM   #2
BBQ
Platinum Member

I would remove them all.

That's just me.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:49 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I agree with removing them. You mention the difference in the white, you can take a little rubbing compound and blend it so it isn't noticeable. I would drive around without and see how it appeals - without them, you don't have that "I'm a Camper" look. I don't know the difference in decals, but owing that police cars hold up and you could get the equivalent...go for it. Safe travels, Ron
Old 04-12-2018, 12:46 AM   #4
g1g
Platinum Member

3M is a good brand and personally even after being in the body shop business for over 20 years, I never had much of a problem with cracking decals. They did fade but that is it and I have done many of them. I have heard many stories on these forums about it but I haven't experienced it. One thing I also have done was I painted stripes, flames and such on many cars in my time. You can have that done if you really want some defining contrasting stripe.
g1g is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decals, graphics, pleasureway