Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2020, 03:45 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Gratitude at being a member of these Forums ...

My posts might be long, it might take me a page or two until I get the concepts correct, I often repeat myself & all the Gods upstairs know my spell check is absent as I chicken peck out the words on my cellphone but I truly am grateful.

Grateful for the help I get here.

Grateful for the heated discussions, the qualifying questions & the probing that produce the best answers.

It's true, I don't always like the answers but The Truth always sets one free & here it doesn't cost me anything but my involvement.

Grateful to have been on here long enough that when I see two or three names closely following on the same thread, I know enough to shut up & watch the Fireworks & not be hit with Friendly Fire.

Grateful to add my 2 cents when I might have a viewpoint that helps another poster.

Grateful to save my 2 cents when I realise that sometimes the deep end of the pool is best experienced from the shallow end.

Grateful to be part of something that helps others, there are Giants amongst us that must dedicate 1-6 hours per day helping others as "unpaid help ..."

Think the Green Angels with keyboards. Hell I know if I was nearby some of the Giants here they would help me physically get it right, just as I would be there for them.

Grateful to be part of a community that leaves the BS at the doormat & walks anyome & everyone through those posts that are normally socially uncomfortable to share the Truth with others be it Battery Chemistry, Black Tank Magic or Manufacturer Propaganda.

Especially walking through that Propaganda & Sales Speak where in your gut it just doesn't sit right at the time you hear it but you feel they can't be lying to me, that's unethical.

I do know if ever I need an answer or just feel the importance of confirming a hunch, I can search on here & can get 80% of before I visit someone who is going to relieve me of my Post Tax Earnings.

In closing, Thank You!
Full Timer in a 2005 Roadtrek Versatile 190/Super Modified & Lifted, Two 220ah Lifeline 6 Volt AGMs in Series, 250 watts Solar, Victron BMV712 Meter & Victron MTTP 100V/30A Solar Controller, Magnum MMS1012 Inverter Charger, Onan 2.8 Generator, Novakool R3800 Fridge & more ...
themexicandoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 03:51 AM   #2
Platinum Member

What TMD said.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 04:03 AM   #3
Platinum Member

And I appreciate the Moderators who dedicate the time to keep us flowing in harmony despite any differences we might have.
Full Timer in a 2005 Roadtrek Versatile 190/Super Modified & Lifted, Two 220ah Lifeline 6 Volt AGMs in Series, 250 watts Solar, Victron BMV712 Meter & Victron MTTP 100V/30A Solar Controller, Magnum MMS1012 Inverter Charger, Onan 2.8 Generator, Novakool R3800 Fridge & more ...
Old 08-23-2020, 06:00 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Keep in mind these guys have had much grander accomplishments in life than helping us on this forum. It is great that they share. The trivial advice you get that helps so much may come from a rocket scientist or other participant in high tech. We will never know.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:35 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Default Yes!

Exactly, hence my Thread ...
Old 08-23-2020, 11:16 AM   #6
Platinum Member

That's a great post by themexicandoctor. It thoroughly sums up the way I feel about this forum and its participants. Well said!
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 02:07 PM   #7
Platinum Member

You will now become the resident expert on Novakool compressor fridge installations. Don’t leave. Eventually you can explain why a theoretical 25ah power draw turns into 50ah power draw. Maybe you will bring it down.
Old 08-23-2020, 03:12 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbn7hj View Post
You will now become the resident expert on Novakool compressor fridge installations. Don’t leave. Eventually you can explain why a theoretical 25ah power draw turns into 50ah power draw. Maybe you will bring it down.
I think I solved it.

It was MY Miscalculation when over a 12 hour period my electrical system used 52 amps;

Novakool 12 hours x 2.2ah = 27amps

Secondary Fan by inverter for cooling under bed 12 x 0.41ah = 5amps

Fantastic Vent Fan & Carado Yacht Fan 12 x 1.1amps = 13

Remainder was lights & water pump = 7amps.

Now i have my unit running cool, during this Heatwave, I am resigned to a 52.8amps over a 24 hour period, for a DC Fridge.

Before I build some baffles, etc to make everything more efficient.

It never turns off but it still over 100° F down here.
Old 08-23-2020, 04:19 PM   #9
Platinum Member

You still have your units messed up but we can figure it out.

What you brought to the party was instrumentation and ambient temperature recording.

Novakool 12 hours x 2.2amps = 27ah

Secondary Fan by inverter for cooling under bed 12 x 0.41amps = 5ah

Fantastic Vent Fan & Carado Yacht Fan 12 x 1.1amps = 13ah

Remainder was lights & water pump = 7ah.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:06 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbn7hj View Post
You still have your units messed up but we can figure it out.

What you brought to the party was instrumentation and ambient temperature recording.

Novakool 12 hours x 2.2amps = 27ah

Secondary Fan by inverter for cooling under bed 12 x 0.41amps = 5ah

Fantastic Vent Fan & Carado Yacht Fan 12 x 1.1amps = 13ah

Remainder was lights & water pump = 7ah.
My RV Guy didn't have the time to do the new Battery Configuration yet but he did find while under there, a loose negative connection where the two batteries meet (?) by the shunt but deep underneath the rig - already seen an increase in charging performance.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:16 PM   #11
Platinum Member

To reconfirm a snapshot of my thread above that begins & ends with my Gratitude on the Community here.

Grateful for the help I get here.

Grateful for the heated discussions, the qualifying questions & the probing that produce the best answers.

It's true, I don't always like the answers but The Truth always sets one free & here it doesn't cost me anything but my involvement.*

Grateful to add my 2 cents when I might have a viewpoint that helps another poster.

Grateful to save my 2 cents when I realise that sometimes the deep end of the pool is best experienced from the shallow end.

Grateful to be part of something that helps others, there are Giants amongst us that must dedicate 1-6 hours per day helping others as "unpaid help ..."

Think the Green Angels with keyboards.

I do know if ever I need an answer or just feel the importance of confirming a hunch, I can search on here & can get 80% of before I visit someone who is going to relieve me of my Post Tax Earnings.

In closing, Thank You!