Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2022, 06:42 PM   #1

Default Grech Strada Ion

Hello All,
New to this Forum. Just took delivery of our new Strada Ion. Are there any other owners of a Grech on this Forum. I’ve had class c’s and fiberglass TT. So far this Grech has been a great experience. The fit and finish are tops. Hope to learn more about class B’s from you all. See you on the road.

Happiness is having a bad memory
Happy Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 12:53 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Hello & Welcome

The Grech looks to be a great rig!

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 03:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Hello & Welcome

The Grech looks to be a great rig!

Mike
Thanks. This company has been building luxury busses and limos for 40 years and now has added the class B RV. My coach is the Lithium ion model and as such I do not have a generator but can still run the Dometic ac 10-12 hours. The heater is diesel and pulls from the Sprinter diesel tank. No more propane or separate diesel tank.

After I picked up the coach I received a call from Grech giving me a contact person and phone number to call for any reason. I have called and received excellent customer support from pleasant and knowledgeable people. Believe it or not, the Dealer has also been supportive and responsive. Grech also provides a three year warranty! I could go on and on.

Old 06-12-2022, 03:47 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Could you tell us more about your electrical? How much lithium? Which AC? I assume you ar3 charging with aux alternator?

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 04:40 PM   #5

Howdy,

The battery package includes Tampa, FL based Lithionics lithium batteries (12V), an integrated battery management system, an auxiliary 280 AMP alternator with wakespeed regulator, and a 3,000W Xantrex inverter. The system provides a total of 1,260AH (Amp Hours) / 16,128WH (Watt Hours). It is reported that Lithionics batteries are the only UL Listed and UL Tested lithium-ion batteries on the market. There is also 300 w Zamp solar on the roof. There is a separate alternator for the Sprinter. Both coach and Sprinter batteries are charged by the Zamp system as well as the Sprinter engine. You can also charge with shore power.
The ac is 13500 btu but I am not sure which model.

https://grechrv.com/model/strada-ion/

Old 06-14-2022, 09:02 PM   #6

Hi there, I purchased a Terreno Ion Lounge (4 captain chairs) a couple weeks ago for weekend getaways and day cruiser with the friends and fam. Build quality and customer service is exceptional. Working through the shakedown period and minimal issues so far that Grech has been able to facilitate fix for. Previously owned a 2021 Midwest Legend on a Ram Promaster Chassis and I have to say, the ride quality with the air suspension is second to none.
jdoung86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 09:32 PM   #7
Bronze Member

Another satisfied Grech Strava Ion Tour owner here. Super happy after 5 months of ownership. Minimal issues with the van. Still working on optimizing it. Mods so far:
MB spare tire cradle
Medicine cabinet on forward wall of wet bath
TST Truck TPMS
Motion activated lights in all cabinets

Good accessories
Portable induction cooktop for outside
Pico folding chairs
Zero G water hoses
GeorgeKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 12:31 AM   #8

Howdy George,
I believe that we made very good decisions when we bought our Class B’s.
Can you tell me more about your spare tire cradle and the medicine cabinet? A picture of both would be helpful. Thanks,

Old 06-19-2022, 04:14 AM   #9
Bronze Member

The tire cradle and the associated nuts/bolts are the standard MB spare tire carrier parts assembly. The problem is that Grech orders the vans with the “spare tire delete” option which means there are no mounting points for the cradle. I had to fabricate the mount points from some aluminum angle I had at home. I managed to mount everything using existing holes in the MB frame, but it was a time consuming task.

I would provide pics, but this site appears to require pic hosting on a third party site.
I don’t have that.

The med cabinet is a surface mount unit from Koehler. I fabricated a lock mechanism and added aluminum angle to all shelves to retain contents while driving. It is attached to the forward wall with 3M VHB tape
Old 06-19-2022, 12:44 PM   #10
Platinum Member

With this site you can upload a photo right from your cell phone or computer. You don't need a hosting site. I've found Apple's Photo app stores cell phone photos in the .heic suffix but if that is not accepted I just export the photo out of my Photos library to a .jpeg on my computer to upload.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 02:35 AM   #11
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
With this site you can upload a photo right from your cell phone or computer. You don't need a hosting site. I've found Apple's Photo app stores cell phone photos in the .heic suffix but if that is not accepted I just export the photo out of my Photos library to a .jpeg on my computer to upload.
I have done a lot more reading here than posting, so I’m guessing that my tiny post tally of 3 is what’s preventing me from seeing the pic upload option you described.
Old 06-20-2022, 05:10 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeKG View Post
I have done a lot more reading here than posting, so I’m guessing that my tiny post tally of 3 is what’s preventing me from seeing the pic upload option you described.
Attach pictures in jpg format, see circled option.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo.jpg (241.3 KB, 21 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 04:36 PM   #13

Default Hello! About to Make the Big Purchase.. need your help!

Hi All,

I'm new to this site as well as to the Class B world. I've done a ton of research and now would love your expert opinions and advice.

I've narrowed down my decision to either the Grech Strada-ion (4 captain chairs) or the Midwest Passage w Weekender package. Both have the same layout, 4x4, Lithium, etc.

I've heard amazing things about the Grech. To you owners, 2 initial questions. For the front 4 captain seats, was there an option to have the handheld controller for heated and massage seats? I really like this option (and the AMG stitching on the Midwest) -- is this an option with the Grech?

Also, I know there are 2 firefly screens already in the RV. The Midwest however also has a screen for the driver, on the dashboard to the right of the steering wheel. I think this is a great idea. Is this an option with Grech??

Either way, I'll do an 'overland' look with black rims/tires and a roof rack with some lights up there.. the major differences for me are the aforementioned things.

Any advice, thoughts, opinions are VERY Welcomed -- thanks in advance!

Best,
Pierre
Fab5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 01:50 AM   #14

Howdy Pierre,

I have the Grech Strada ion Tour model(2 seats) and they are heated, no massage feature. There are 2 firefly screens: one toward the front and one in the rear. I have found them to be all I need.
During the last year we drove ours 15000 miles. One trip was from the East Coast to Las Vegas and it was great! We traveled route 10 in February and really appreciated the diesel heater that is thermostatically controlled. Going through Texas I was introduced to Buc ees and their brisket sandwich and was able to revisit What a burger to get their Dr Pepper shake, both are my favorites.
I have only positive comments about the Grech. Each time that I compare my B with any other I am reminded that I would not change.
Good luck with your decision.

Old 07-13-2023, 05:41 AM   #15

Happy Guy,

Thx for the reply. Yes, our gas stations out in Texas are more like shopping malls! Glad you enjoyed the trip.

There’s no doubt that the quality and ‘fit n finish’ of the Grech is amazing. I just don’t understand why they didn’t match the competition on some of these other creature comforts. At this price, I don’t want to see options that other Class B has that mine doesn’t! But at the end, perhaps durability and workmanship are more important than massage seats and an extra screen? Who knows ..

I’ll have to do more reading about the Midwest ..

Thanks again,
P.
Old 07-14-2023, 05:23 AM   #16
Bronze Member

VegaTouch Mira is an app for the phone/iPad that provides all the functions of the Firefly panel. The Grech has two Firefly panels, put the phone/iPad becomes an extension of the functionality that works in and outside of the van.
Old 07-14-2023, 05:36 AM   #17

Thx GeorgeKG,

It’s great that there’s an app for all the firefly features, but a physical screen in the dash up front for the driver would be great too. Too bad Grech didn’t do this.

Appreciate the reply.

Best,
P.
Old 07-27-2023, 12:48 PM   #18

I can add myself and my wife as new lucky owners of the Grech Strada Ion Tour. We are waiting on it to be delivered to our dealer. We have a shakedown cruise planned for next month from Florida up through Pennsylvania and to the UP in Michigan.

Upgrades that I'm looking at include:

Whole house water filter
TPMS
Cellular booster/router
Fold out bike rack for two e-bikes

We'll use our cellphones as hot spots initially and decide if we need more than that.

I expect our first trip will identify other upgrades.

Would welcome other ideas or information on what you have done on your Grech.

Mike
MikeandLaureen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 08:32 PM   #19
Bronze Member

I installed the BluTech duo filter because it fit under the kitchen sink. I'm disappointed with the performance and do not recommend it.

1UP for the bike rack with the fold-out accessory. Great piece of gear.

I don't think cellular boosters with your cell phone are worth the trouble. I don't want to pay for a dedicated cellular plan and associated hardware for van data connection. Tethering to phone has been sufficient.

TST truck for the TPMS. I used the internal sensors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandLaureen View Post
I can add myself and my wife as new lucky owners of the Grech Strada Ion Tour. We are waiting on it to be delivered to our dealer. We have a shakedown cruise planned for next month from Florida up through Pennsylvania and to the UP in Michigan.

Upgrades that I'm looking at include:

Whole house water filter
TPMS
Cellular booster/router
Fold out bike rack for two e-bikes

We'll use our cellphones as hot spots initially and decide if we need more than that.

I expect our first trip will identify other upgrades.

Would welcome other ideas or information on what you have done on your Grech.

Mike
Old 07-27-2023, 09:11 PM   #20

Thanks George.

I plan on picking up the TST 507 with the flow through sensor from TechnoRV and liked 1UP's Super Duty Double bike rack.

I'll stay on the hunt for a water filter system. Under the kitchen sink will be fine, but we'll use something like the Brita or bottled water for drinking and cooking in the mean time.

I'm in your camp with the cell boosters. Hopefully my cell phones are acceptable.

Mike
MikeandLaureen is offline   Reply With Quote