Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2018, 06:10 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Help me find a good class B or B+

I’ve been researching for about a month and I’m having a heck of a time finding a good solution. In fact if I follow all the advice there is no good solution— so maybe there’s something out there I haven’t heard about.

The most ideal right now seems to be the Pleasure Way XLMB — but alas sprinters are high maintenance and add $30k to the MSRP.

There are no 2009 sprinter XLMBs from Pleasure Way (eg pre emissions)

I would prefer not to have a slide out, but I need to sleep with the slide in a lot if there is one.

I like radiant heat, Truma combi, compressor refrigerator— preferably swing arm, so Engel. Which means building myself. This is what I’m considering- converting a promaster van.

I can do all of the conversion except for a heating system since that requires fuel and that’s outside my expertise (I have expertise with lithium batteries and chargers and can handle solar panels and doing the interior build.)

But I would rather not do the build myself.

I need under 24 feet, preferably 22 or 20 feet LIA.
Need to be able to set up a laptop and work and strongly want to not have to make the bed to then switch to sleep mode. (I like to lie down with phone while researching, then get up and go Back to work— don’t want to be making/unmaking the bed 4-5 times a day.

And I’m a big guy. I will have trouble with a bathroom that’s less than 32x32, though I may just have to give up on that and leave the door open or something.

It will be just me. I need to carry a bike. I might get a folding bike.

And if I’m paying $100k for something it needs to be good enough to last ten years.

Also I will be living aboard full time, driving a fair bit and spending more time in cool temperatures than hot temps. Would love something capable of working below freezing but can compromise that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Technomadness is offline   Reply With Quote