Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2017, 09:28 PM   #1

Default Help with 2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TS Rear DVD & TV and Amp - Question

Hi folks -

Helping my dad out with his new (to him) 2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TS... His unit has the standard old LCD TV - behind which is a Cadence high-power audio amp, plus a 1-DIN DVD Player mounted above the TV... That pretty much describes the entertainment system he has. A few problems: The DVD player is shot... I ordered him a replacement on Amazon for $45 - but its a typical car stereo DVD head unit.

The questions I need help with are this -

Apparently, Pleasure-Way installed some sort of "auto-on" module which can tell when the TV's power button is pressed, which automatically turns on the Cadence Amplifier mounted on the wall behind it. The TV has got to go, since it pre-dates Digital TV Broadcasting. Was going to replace the unit with an LED TV and tie it in to the same power plug for 12vDC (I'd buy a unit that is 12vdc powered)... The LCD TV says it is 12VDC 3.0 amps draw. The stock factory DVD player unit has a manual power on and off switch, so I have to get creative with the wiring. I know most car audio systems come with a "blue" wire in the harness to allow the head unit to power up a remotely attached device like a power antenna or an amp. I'd like to somehow tie this aux power signal wire into the Pleasure-Way Excel TS's stock module so if my dad wants to listen to AM/FM or play a CD Disk, he does not need to turn on the TV to get the Cadence amp to power up. Have any of you replaced the stock DVD player and replaced it with standard car stereo gear like I am planning to do? How did you tie it in? I am planning on installing a standard toggle switch near the DVD to turn on the power to it (like the ignition switch power lead on a car stereo). But I want to make sure when he powers on the DVD player, that the Amp comes on too. Does anyone know how Pleasure-Way engineered this entertainment system, or have a diagram for it you could possibly email to me? It's a 2003 Ford Econoline Chassis but built as a 2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TS coach.

Thanks so much -

Tom Rogers, Manteca, CA
troglegs@gmail.com
troglegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 03:18 PM   #2
Bronze Member

Question

Our recent new to us 2005 PW Lexor TD, the original Samsung montior/tv was removed. However, the original amp and mounted DVD player are both still there. Can anyone tell me how the amp is wired and how all 3 components are wired to work with one another.
Santee2005PWTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 11:49 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Not sure if this is helpful or not but it's really easy to remove the DVD player and replace it with a TV which includes the DVD player. I ended up removing lots of random cables, put in a quiet pure sine inverter, voltage monitor, DC and USB outlets. I left the left the existing amp in place, now the TV uses the DC outlet, uses less power and is much quieter without going through the inverter.
Lennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 07:08 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Hi Lennie, on the pure sine inverter, what wattage did you end up using, and did you just tie the auto inverter in to the 12v plug that's found in the TV cabinet? Any guidance you can share would be most helpful.
Old 07-25-2021, 04:03 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Originally it had a 400W inverter that was really loud and probably modified sine, I replaced it with another 400W pure sine inverter that only runs the fan when it's needed. I didn't want to have to worry about the load on the existing wiring so that is why I kept it at 400W. I wired it the same way and in the same place as the original. If I get around to it, I will make it more accessible and make the TV cabinet look finished. I only use the DC outlet to run the TV but we use the USB outlets I added a lot

If you want more information or pictures let me know. Getting rid of all the wiring attached to the terrible DVD player really decluttered the cabinet a lot. Sorry the picture is rotated 90 degrees, the wires are at the top.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 400W_inverter.jpg (197.7 KB, 11 views)
Old 07-25-2021, 03:41 PM   #6
Platinum Member

I put a Samsung T22C350ND in my Lexor

it is dc native- no inverter

it has a headphone out

both these plugs are same size as the original plugs, using the same power and audio with the built in amp and speakers

the samsung has a media player and we play movies and shows from a usb drive

we have the dvd player and have never used it- who hauls around dvd's when a thumbdrive can hold hundreds of shows?

my tv was about $130 at costco about 5 or 6 years ago

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...VxLS11aFNDb2pn
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 05:34 PM   #7
Platinum Member

I do, because I'm too lazy or busy to figure out how to put movies on a thumbdrive. Sometimes people have loaned us movies but my TV has an internal DVD player. I really need to spend the time to remedy that, it would be preferable to carrying around DVDs.