Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2008, 06:12 PM   #1

Default hot water in gulfstream vista cruiser

I think I found it! It occured to me that when we had our fleetwood southwind our hot water suddenly became only lukewarm. After much thinking and looking I turn off the water knobs in the outside convenience by the sewer connections. There is no faucet, just a sprayer hose so water knobs can be on and not run until you use sprayer.
Last nite I went out and made sure the faucets outside were turned off on the Vista Cruiser. This morning I plugged in and found warm water immediately not hot but I didn't expect HOT as I know it's probably not ever going to be HOT. Sharon
trippinrv3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:27 PM   #2
Platinum Member

It only raises the temperature about 30 degrees so the only time you might get the recommended 120 degree minimum hotwater is when the storage temperature is 90 degrees and above. If it is 70 degree water in your holding tank the best you might get is 100 degree water. That's pretty luke warm but warm enough for a shower. For dishwashing you might do like tent campers and boil a pot of water on the stove.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote