Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2019, 01:25 AM   #21
Platinum Member

Well I will start to take the 2x4..6..10 and 12 scraps out of my burn pile and make some ramps. I was surprised at the internet pictures of highly rated plastic ramps that were crushed.

Thanks
MobileCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 05:40 PM   #22
Platinum Member

FWIW, my son gave me a set of those 12K Plastic Rampsor whatever they are made of.....and I used it on my old '05 190P to lift the front. While in the garage I heard a "shotgun" go off...it was one of those Ramps - it blew out the side of one and collapsed. There was no damage to the RT, but I trashed them and went with the wooden ramps. Ron
Old 03-21-2019, 06:51 PM   #23
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron J. Moore View Post
FWIW, my son gave me a set of those 12K Plastic Rampsor whatever they are made of.....and I used it on my old '05 190P to lift the front. While in the garage I heard a "shotgun" go off...it was one of those Ramps - it blew out the side of one and collapsed. There was no damage to the RT, but I trashed them and went with the wooden ramps. Ron
Wow! I was using my plastic ramps on the front and the wood ramps on the rear until I bought my 4 post lift, sounds like /I was taking a big chance each time!
2006 Roadtrek 210 Versatile, 400W Solar, 320AH LiFePO4. Suspension mods: Front: Moog 81004 coil springs. Rear: SuperSteer Track Bar, AirLift airbags with integrated bump stop, 2" lift blocks, removed overload leafs. All around: Bilsteins, 265-75R16 K02's
Luv2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:27 PM   #24
Platinum Member

I use Lynx for leveling and lifting if necessary. Using chocks with ramps allows a single person to drive up and stop safely.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tri.jpg (187.7 KB, 22 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote