Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2020, 11:24 PM   #21

Hi VTPete, still planning to duplicate your procedure (very ready!) just waiting on a few good days of no rain back to back..

My question is: Upon pulling off the tape one hour later (carefully) did you apply a second coat using tape yet again? Just one coat and you were done? Maybe it was more than 1 coat in the first hour? I am wanting to make sure I get it right the first time and I could have swore you wrote that you used more than 1 coating but I don't see that now that I have read your story again.

I could open the can of Flexseal and try it on a something besides my 96 first but I am not sure how well the Flexseal will be effected by opening it and then using it days later on the Roadtrek..

Thanks for all your help!
IIHomieII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 09:35 PM   #22
Bronze Member

For leaking windows, used to be small bottle liquid sealant called Dr. Tolleys or something like that. I can’t remember right name. It’s great! But what is the name? Thx
bigoldbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:54 AM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigoldbob View Post
For leaking windows, used to be small bottle liquid sealant called Dr. Tolleys or something like that. I can’t remember right name. It’s great! But what is the name? Thx
Here ya go. This stuff worked well for the problematic rear window in our 200.

https://www.amazon.com/Captain-Tolle.../dp/B00JQ6XHWC
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 03:18 PM   #24

Default Skylight

Nice job. I have 2 of mine leaking. I plan on doing all 3
Adamkeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 10:33 AM   #25
Platinum Member

Default Several years later...

Here's an update on my Flexseal fix:
It's now early 2023 and those windows are STILL just fine! I'm astonished that the fix has held up so well.
When I was doing this, I accidentally allowed a drop of black Flexseal to hit the passenger window causing a two inch "dribble" on the outside of the window. I left it there to act as a canary in the coal mine. I told my kids, "don't peel that off - I want to see how long it sticks there." It's still there!
As it turns out Flexseal sticks to glass really well!
I'll likely take some photos soon as a four-year update.
By the way, I still look at ads for used RoadTreks. I have to laugh because in EVERY PHOTO of the interior, there's ALWAYS the telltale water stains on the wood just below those windows! In my thread on fixing the mold and mildew, I think I posted photos of those oak storage shelves below the windows. Years back I pulled them off, sanded them down and completely refinished them. It's so nice to go into the RV and not see those water stains!
VTPete is offline   Reply With Quote