Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default how much price decrease per year

I have found only 3 roadtrek rangers in USA with the exact options i want(exactly).

however they are 1300 miles from me.

I am going to see how much the local dealer will charge if i order it.

the 3 i'm looking at have all been on the dealers lots for at least 8 months and 1 10 months.

how much EXTRA do you think i should deduct as value per year if i make an offer.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:06 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: how much price decrease per year

If they are still current model year then they'll probably look at it as current and negotiate that way.
If they are previous model year then they'll want them off the lot.

Discount off MSRP ranges from 0 to 25%. I haven't heard or read of anyone getting 25% off a Roadtrek though. 15% to 18% used to be mentioned often. 20% would seem doable based on numbers I've seen if the dealer has good inventory turnover. That's for something off the lot, not a unit you order with specific options.

Just my opinion here...........
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:11 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Default Re: how much price decrease per year

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo
If they are still current model year then they'll probably look at it as current and negotiate that way.
If they are previous model year then they'll want them off the lot.

Discount off MSRP ranges from 0 to 25%. I haven't heard or read of anyone getting 25% off a Roadtrek though. 15% to 18% used to be mentioned often. 20% would seem doable based on numbers I've seen if the dealer has good inventory turnover. That's for something off the lot, not a unit you order with specific options.

Just my opinion here...........
I agree. Current models at the 18% range per many folks. Those have been on the lot for quite a while, and will soon be a model year old, assuming they are 2014 models. That might get you to 20%, but might not. Some dealers will not even go near 18%. There is a Ranger locally that is listed on sale at 15% off before negotiations.

We did get over 25% off ours, by a little. It was 15 months on the lot, and was just into being two model years old. It was also 2008 when things were just starting to turn to the bad side. It was a 2007 Roadtrek C190P.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote