Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2016, 04:56 AM   #1

Default How to choose a dealer?

I have been researching and I intend to buy a new or low mileage Class B within the next 2-6 months. I still haven't exactly chosen what I want but I have it down to several models either Winnebago, Roadtrek or Pleasure-way. I have read through many threads here as well as some Facebook groups.

I live in the New York Metro area there are no dealers right near me so the closest would be over an hour or more away. I see many people travel to dealers in other parts of the country and I would be willing to do that. Once I narrow my choice how does one find the best combination of dealer prep, customer service as well as price?

Thank you in advance.
Lisa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:47 PM   #2
Silver Member

I live on Long Island with the closest dealers in Either NJ or CT it is a good 2-3 hours to any of them.

IF you have not already done so try Colonial Rv in Lakewood NJ. They have the biggest selection in the area. They sell Roadtrek, Winne and Airstream and if I remember correctly the dealer right next door (Scott Rv) sells Plesureway and Coachman.

You can see a lot or Class B rvs in one trip and it makes comparing them a bit easier. I have purchased my Winne Era from Colonial. I only priced a couple dealers and they were most competitive.
oilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 02:39 AM   #3

I am actually going there Friday or Saturday. I am going to Princeton NJ so I thought I'd stop by there. I'm not ready to buy yet. What do people do for service if they buy from a dealer halfway across the country?
Lisa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:55 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Lichtsinn RV in Forest City Ia is a first choice in delivery experience, customer service and ease of "the deal". Also no miles on your coach when you take delivery. 15 miles from the plant that builds WGO's class B's.
Colonial, up your way has a good reputation also. I've never dealt with them so can't speak first hand. I've bought 2 from Lichtsinn, so I can speak with experience.
Any dealer can do warranty work even if not bought there. The good ones don't care where you bought it. Some put you behind their own customers which to me is a bad business practice. Don't know about Colonial, but Lichtsinn doesn't care where you bought as far as service goes.

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote