Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2021, 02:19 AM   #1
Silver Member

Default HVAC Unit Case Drain

I have a 2006 Roadtrek C190 that this past summer leaked onto the passenger feet. I am thinking that the HVAC Unit Case drain is plugged but I can't find a drain hose or nipple. I currently have the fan motor and the Blower Motor Control Module removed. The case was full of leaves and pine needles. I have looked inside and felt underneath the case for a drain and can't find a drain. Anybody know where the case drains? If this has been addressed in the past I apologize. Thanks in advance
55 Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 03:31 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Remember google and the internet can be your friend here. I did a search on : express van ac condensate drain. Lots of discussions on this problem. The one below is pretty simple. Let us know if this is it. Like you I have had to remove junk from the blower box. Next time I clean mine I will look for this drain and clean it. Hopefully you can tell us how to do it. Good luck.

https://www.answers.com/Q/Where_is_t...r_a_savana_van
peteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 05:46 AM   #3
Platinum Member

with the fan out, as you look inside the case, the drain is down and just to the right.

if you start feeling the outside of the case, starting at the right side as you run your hand to the left behind tubing etc you should feel a rubber "nipple" hanging down

you can use a slim vac hose in through the fan hole and clear out leaves etc

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 03:12 PM   #4
Platinum Member

this "nipple" is about the width of your forefinger & 1/2 as long.

there is a slot in it to allow the condensation to drain which could be blocked, working the nipple like an udder will probably work any junk out if the vacuum didn't get it all from the top

I have not used but I have seen spray foam type cleaners if you have musty funk in there.

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 06:29 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I had the leaves & pine needle problem on our first RT. After cleaning, I installed 1/2” chicken wire screening across the vent in the rear. I did spray it black to make it less visible, I held it in place with Silicone Caulking and then used White Ties at various places to reinforce its holding. On the ‘05 190’. I believe we had a small plastic drain tube that drained down behind the passenger side rear lite.