Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2016, 05:42 AM   #21
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobB View Post
Can you be a bit more specific on what options? All of the ones in the brochure? Did you get the Lithiums and how large a bank? Solar and how many/size panels?

And of course - only if you feel comfortable sharing this - what was the price (driving it off the lot)? Everyone here has been wondering what the street price will be. Saw what looked like some good deals at Hershey.
Navanod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 05:55 AM   #22
Silver Member

Some things that I noticed... (nothing big)
-They now have a Alternator Cover Installed
-Hymer Logo on the Exterior Stripe is now Chrome Appliqué, versus being cut out of the stripe like on the Hymer website
-Radio is upgraded to a Sony unit versus the stock Ram UConnect System, not sure if this is standard or a upgraded system?
-The fold down bed is now has exposed slat boards, where previously it had a wood panel covering it.
-Skylight was super easy to use... love it.
-All the windows hinge from the top allowing to open in the rain... also are able to open in multiple positions.

The Mike Thompson RV Sales people knew very little about them (I actually knew more), as they literally were delivered that morning directly to the show. Hymer people including Jim Hammill, NA CEO was present. We got to talk to Jim for a bit while doing our transaction. They were extremely nice and helpful.

Super excited to get it.

We are getting married in a week, so it's our present to ourselves to celebrate!
Old 10-09-2016, 11:32 AM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navanod View Post

Super excited to get it.

We are getting married in a week, so it's our present to ourselves to celebrate!
Congrats on both! Exciting times for you. Thanks for posting the photos
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:13 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Some things that I noticed... (nothing big)
-They now have a Alternator Cover Installed
-Hymer Logo on the Exterior Stripe is now Chrome Appliqué, versus being cut out of the stripe like on the Hymer website
-Radio is upgraded to a Sony unit versus the stock Ram UConnect System, not sure if this is standard or a upgraded system?
-The fold down bed is now has exposed slat boards, where previously it had a wood panel covering it.
-Skylight was super easy to use... love it.
-All the windows hinge from the top allowing to open in the rain... also are able to open in multiple positions.

The Mike Thompson RV Sales people knew very little about them (I actually knew more), as they literally were delivered that morning directly to the show. Hymer people including Jim Hammill, NA CEO was present. We got to talk to Jim for a bit while doing our transaction. They were extremely nice and helpful.

Super excited to get it.

Very nice vehicle. Not many Hymer owners yet but if you want to connect with a lot of Zion owners who have the same new technology systems consider joining the Roadtrek & Hymer Owners Group on Facebook. There is a lot of good information being shared by owners on the use and operation of the options you have.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 05:24 PM   #25
Bronze Member

Congratulations! Please share some details. I have been so curious.
debra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 05:25 PM   #26
Platinum Member

I'd like to hear about what discounting, if any, is going on with these early units. Typical Roadtrek type discount? or more, or less?
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:17 PM   #27

Congrats! The Aktiv is probably my favorite Class B currently in production. Curious to know the dimensions of the bathroom, where the fresh water tank is located, whether the gray water tank is heated, and where the lithium battery bank will be installed.
vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 08:37 PM   #28
BBQ
Platinum Member

I like the layout.

I wonder if they are going to build it on the longer chassis.

BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:11 PM   #29
Platinum Member

Let's keep this topic for discussing Navanod's newly ordered Hymer Aktiv.

The mods split the posts and created a new topic for discussing extended length Aktiv's here: http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f5...dels-5904.html
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:52 PM   #30
Silver Member

Thanks everyone. I will post more when we get it (Beginning of November). If you have any questions between then and now, let me know and I can do what I can.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:53 AM   #31
Silver Member

I notice the $2,700 delivery. Was that to Pomona or is that to deliver it to you in Oregon?
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 01:53 AM   #32
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfan View Post
I notice the $2,700 delivery. Was that to Pomona or is that to deliver it to you in Oregon?
IIRCC delivery charges are just a flat rate and apply no matter where it is delivered. Buy a Winnebago from Lichtsinn, a few miles from the factory and the delivery charge is the same as if you bought it on the east coast.

Intent to level the playing file for dealers.

Anyone know differently?
Old 10-11-2016, 02:08 AM   #33
Silver Member

Well, I was curious to see if he is going to have to pick it up in CA or if it is getting delivered to Oregon since there is no dealer up here. Just wondering what he worked out since there was no leveling of the playing field required at this time.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:17 AM   #34
Platinum Member

Quote:
Well, I was curious to see if he is going to have to pick it up in CA or if it is getting delivered to Oregon since there is no dealer up here. Just wondering what he worked out since there was no leveling of the playing field required at this time.
I expect they are using the same standard delivery charge for the Hymer models that is used for the Roadtrek models, not sure it makes any difference that there are only a few Hymer dealers right now. They are all built in the same factory and get shipped together to the dealers using the same methods.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:38 AM   #35
Silver Member

Quote:
Pomono... I have a separate charge to Oregon.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:19 AM   #36
Silver Member

Quote:
Pomono... I have a separate charge to Oregon.
Ok, thanks. We live in Southwest WA and will be interested in your experience with your new Aktiv! And congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!
Old 10-11-2016, 04:17 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
Congratulations!! We can't wait to hear all the details.
I am looking at one as well as my first RV. It does not have an outside showwer which concerned me. The inside design is great for me with all the large storage afforded by the fold up bed. Like the 59G but bway way more elegant. Love to hear your experience with the cassette toilet. I am an off the grid guy so .....

Where can you find a list of dealers. Did you get the ecotrek and voltstart?
Sailedaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 04:27 AM   #38

And congratulations on all your good fortune. I fell for the Hymer in Hershey. Envious of your acquisition. You got all of the newest Roadtrek electricals too. Boy am mI dying to hear your experiences. Please post them in November.

Anyone know who is selling them in the east?
Sailedaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:35 PM   #39
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailedaway View Post
And congratulations on all your good fortune. I fell for the Hymer in Hershey. Envious of your acquisition. You got all of the newest Roadtrek electricals too. Boy am mI dying to hear your experiences. Please post them in November.

Anyone know who is selling them in the east?
If you read the other thread on the extended length Aktiv you will see that an owner got an outside shower as an option but it is possible that it might only be available on the longer Promaster van that the owner is getting.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:17 PM   #40
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
Campers Inn was the Hymer dealer at Hershey...

If you read the other thread on the extended length Aktiv you will see that an owner got an outside shower as an option but it is possible that it might only be available on the longer Promaster van that the owner is getting.
The guys I talked to at Hershey in the Hymer section were from Alpinhaus

Alpin Haus RV Dealership Group Amsterdam NY, Port Jervis NY, Saratoga NY | New York dealer of New & Used Class A, Class C, Fifth Wheels, Travel Trailers, Pop-Ups, Truck Campers and Destination RVs | Get Parts, Service, Repairs, Financing and more!

Nothing on their site about Hymers, though