Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2016, 01:20 PM   #41
Platinum Member

Correct, faulty memory on my part, I deleted my info...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 01:31 PM   #42
Platinum Member

And Mike Thompson is the Hymer dealer at the Pomona show. I have not heard mention of any other dealers so far but contacting the sales people at Hymer NA may reveal more dealers. Jim Hammil did state that there would only be a handful of dealers initially. I doubt that the dealers know very much about the vans, the whole roll out for Hymer has been slow and their website continues to not provide much info beyond the original info on the first model configuration. And they are taking orders for new configurations. Hopefully now that production is under way things will speed up...
Old 10-11-2016, 03:04 PM   #43
Silver Member

I asked if a dealer list has been determined and the Pomona show... Theresa from Hymer stated they are still in the process of determining a dealer network. So beyond the two dealers at Pomona and Hershey shows who knows. It's the reason why we flew down to check them out. We didn't know when we would ever see one again. They did state all Hymers are serviceable through all Roadtrek dealers.
Navanod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 03:47 PM   #44
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navanod View Post
I asked if a dealer list has been determined and the Pomona show... Theresa from Hymer stated they are still in the process of determining a dealer network. So beyond the two dealers at Pomona and Hershey shows who knows. It's the reason why we flew down to check them out. We didn't know when we would ever see one again. They did state all Hymers are serviceable through all Roadtrek dealers.
Well, that might be good if you could get service from any RT dealer. Maybe they will review which RT dealers have the best service (not just sales, please) and let them sell Hymers, too. Too many stories - and not just RT - of dealers who are really really great with service and those who just don't know what they are doing. Manufacturers - IMHO - need to pay attention to who really knows what they doing when it comes to service and not just sales. Buying is the easy part. I think every RV has an issue sometime in its life and when you get great service, you tend to think "that's who I buy my next RV from".
Old 11-11-2016, 11:46 PM   #45
Silver Member

Quick question. We have signed the contract for purchase at the Pomona Show in California, but our repairs have been delayed multiple times. Can we back out of the deal? They have had 6 weeks to do the repairs since us signing the deal and we still do not have a completion date!

To add to our frustration, we find out our nearest dealer here in Oregon has one in inventory! Is there a chance we can back out and buy the local one instead?

My gut says no, due to signing the purchase contract, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask as I'm not familiar with the purchasing laws in California.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:22 AM   #46
BBQ
Platinum Member

What a classy way to treat an early adopter.

BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 12:26 AM   #47
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quick question. We have signed the contract for purchase at the Pomona Show in California, but our repairs have been delayed multiple times. Can we back out of the deal? They have had 6 weeks to do the repairs since us signing the deal and we still do not have a completion date!

To add to our frustration, we find out our nearest dealer here in Oregon has one in inventory! Is there a chance we can back out and buy the local one instead?

My gut says no, due to signing the purchase contract, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask as I'm not familiar with the purchasing laws in California.
That sounds like a good one to run past Jim Hammil. If they really are serious about the effort to improve customer service, he could easily arrange a dealer swap so you could get the one that is in stock and if they ever get the other on fixed, they would replace it.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 12:26 AM   #48
Silver Member

Thanks for the reply. Trying to search online what my rights are as a consumer. They haven't delivered the vehicle yet and I'm not sure if there is a time period that they have where I can back out of the deal?
Old 11-12-2016, 12:27 AM   #49
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
That sounds like a good one to run past Jim Hammil. If they really are serious about the effort to improve customer service, he could easily arrange a dealer swap so you could get the one that is in stock and if they ever get the other on fixed, they would replace it.
How would I reach him? Do you have his contact info? I met him at the show.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:31 AM   #50
Platinum Member

Quote:
How would I reach him? Do you have his contact info? I met him at the show.
Gregmchugh would probably be the best source of that information, you could PM him and ask. My guess would be through the Roadtrek Facebook site.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:43 AM   #51
Platinum Member

The best way to contact Jim Hammill directly is by using this email address he gives out for customers to contact him. He prefers this vs trying to contact him on the Facebook group...

jimhammill@icloud.com
Old 11-12-2016, 12:56 AM   #52
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
The best way to contact Jim Hammill directly is by using this email address he gives out for customers to contact him. He prefers this vs trying to contact him on the Facebook group...

jimhammill@icloud.com
Awesome... Thank you!
I just sent a email. We will see what, if anything happens.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:35 AM   #53
Platinum Member

Quote:
Awesome... Thank you!
I just sent a email. We will see what, if anything happens.
You are welcome...

If you are on Facebook join the Roadtrek & Hymer Owners Group...
Old 11-12-2016, 03:39 AM   #54
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Trying to search online what my rights are as a consumer. They haven't delivered the vehicle yet and I'm not sure if there is a time period that they have where I can back out of the deal?
Here is a good youtube video from a lawyer that explains the laws when you buy an RV.
Viperml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 04:14 AM   #55
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperml View Post
Here is a good youtube video from a lawyer that explains the laws when you buy an RV.
Thanks for the reply.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:24 AM   #56
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I think he didn't cover my situation. We haven't finalized the deal yet. Yes, I signed paperwork to start the processs, but not the final deal as No final payment plan has been established as they haven't even delivered it yet. Which is the only reason why I think I might Have a small chance of backing out?
Please don't take this the wrong way but you are being a cheapskate. If you were prepared to enter into an agreement for a 90k+ RV on impulse, pay a local contract atty for one-hour of their time to review what verbal or written agreement you entered into.

You engaged the seller and offered to buy the vehicle under conditions in writing or verbally. Depending on the state some deposits are non-refundable if one was provided to hold the vehicle.

It always pays to treat people the way you wish to be treated unless they have been deceptive or not honest.

Good Luck
ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 05:35 AM   #57
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassB4Me View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way but you are being a cheapskate. If you were prepared to enter into an agreement for a 90k+ RV on impulse, pay a local contract atty for one-hour of their time to review what verbal or written agreement you entered into.

You engaged the seller and offered to buy the vehicle under conditions in writing or verbally. Depending on the state some deposits are non-refundable if one was provided to hold the vehicle.

It always pays to treat people the way you wish to be treated unless they have been deceptive or not honest.

Good Luck
No, you are correct. Thanks for the advice.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:33 PM   #58
Bronze Member

probably be best to make peace with the original seller and work with Hymer to make it all right for you- I would be surprised if they wouldn't make everything right for you- ask them if they would compensate you for the lost time/use of your new RV- I don't think its that easy to just exchange one unit for another especially across state lines and especially if you registered the RV already- just my two cents, I'm not an attorney - stay calm and remember no matter what RV you buy there is a "shake-down" period where you get everything figured out and adjusted and tuned in - good luck !
RickNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 01:51 PM   #59
Platinum Member

My premise of an "exchange" would certainly be based on not having already transferred the title. I am also not an attorney, but it seems any new vehicle we got from a dealer never transferred until it was paid for.

So, if both dealers own the vehicles, they would be the ones involved in the swap. This is extremely common in the automotive sales world. We live in Minnesota and one car we got was swapped out at a Wisconsin dealer, and another in North Dakota. Hopefully, Roadtrek is able to do that also. It would be up to Roadtrek to make both dealers "whole" by covering any extra expenses incurred.

As far as the price goes, the OP should pay his original agreed to price, to the original dealer, IMO. That would be the reason to do a dealer swap rather than a cancel and buy somewhere else. The van wouldn't need to move to the original dealer, just the paperwork, and perhaps the extra transportation cost that is already agreed to could go to the dealer in Oregon for his loss of the van, to compensate him.

If a vehicle agreed to purchase can't be delivered anywhere near time, do to Roadtrek's problems, I don't think you can blame the dealers or the purchaser for much of anything after that. It is time for Roadtrek to get into it, and find a solution, and it does look like there may be somewhat simple way out for everyone involved.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:55 PM   #60
Bronze Member

good luck my friend- i hope this is all solved very quickly and you get out making memories with your beautiful new rv- peace
RickNV is offline   Reply With Quote