Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2019, 10:13 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Hymer Group NA, Status?

Hello,

I’m considering the purchase of a RoadTrek. Does anyone know of EHGNA is still supporting the RoadTrek line and if they can still do upgrades on them?

Thank you in advance,

Bill
Popcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:54 AM   #2
Platinum Member

EHGNA is dead and gone into bankruptcy. The Hymer and Carado brand names are now owned by the Thor Company. And they are orphans.

Roadtrek is now Roadtrek, Inc and is owned by the French company, Rapido. (they have a number of products in Europe, including the Westfalia) They have a new website up and running and seemingly pretty updated. They will be selling the Zion, Zion SRT, and RT's old Sprinter line for the next year or two. They hope to have the rigs at dealers next year.

Roadtrek rarely, if ever, did upgrades on their older units. And I doubt that Rapido plans any such projects. The rigs currently on lots do not have a warranty from them... as I understand it. It is rather a case of having to provide your vin to check with their warranty department which is now up and running. If you start dealing on a unit, call the factory and ask. You will, of course, still have the Promaster and appliance warranties.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:38 AM   #3
Bronze Member

Thanks. I found a Roadtrek Agile SS 4x4 and was hoping to upgrade a couple of things but it sounds like I’d be on my own. I don’t particularly care for the Winnebago Revel but mya have to go that way or hunt for a similar Sportsmobile.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:47 PM   #4
Platinum Member

What were you looking to upgrade?
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:13 PM   #5
Bronze Member

I was looking to make a pre-owned Agile 4x4 to run totally on diesel and solar. After a quick email to RoadTrek, I found that I cannot upgrade to more Eco Trek modules, because this unit has a propane tank that serves the heat, hot water, and stove. So, I’m back in search of an Agile SS 4x4 Eco Trek with diesel heat/hot water and an induction cooktop.