Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2021, 07:48 PM   #1

Default Hymer Sunlight V2 value

Hey all. I am looking to valuate two Hymer Sunlight Van Two`s my company may be selling from our rental fleet. Any response on what these may be worth in today's market is greatly appreciated. They are 2018s on the Dodge Promaster. Very good mechanical condition with normal wear and tear interior. Two lithium battery banks with 400w solar. No awnings. Not too many for sale so any help is appreciated. Also can these be compared to the Aktiv for valuation purposes. Thanks in advance. Tom.
Driverx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 12:39 AM   #2
Platinum Member

You can't compare them to the Aktiv in valuing them. When new, they cost about $20-30K less than an Aktiv. They tossed one of them together in just a few hours and out the door (the CEO bragged of that fact on Facebook) with the cheapest in materials and such. If you can find any Carado Banff sales information, they were a bit better built similar option.

That said, the market is good, so you might even be able to get what you paid for them. You won't know until you advertise them and see what happens.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 02:53 AM   #3
Silver Member

The Sunlight is very similar to the Banff. I have a 2018 Banff. They were priced circa $70K in 2018, and because there is a shortage of these vehicles, they are currently selling for about the same price. The primary reason for the shortage is that Hymer NA went under, and nobody bought this part of the business. Only RoadTrek was purchased.
stevegoldfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 03:01 AM   #4

Thanks all for the information. Looking at the used Banff's for sale gave me some pretty good comps. They do look similar to the Sunlight.
Driverx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 01:52 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driverx1 View Post
Thanks all for the information. Looking at the used Banff's for sale gave me some pretty good comps. They do look similar to the Sunlight.
Basically they are exactly the same except that they put all the improvements on the Banff first... and tightened the quality... and raised the price a bit. lol The Van Two is actually a Banff in effect.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote