Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2020, 03:45 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default I-15 AZ/NV/UT/ID/MT all open ok???

Live in PHX & have a little family "concern" in MT

Would like to shoot straight up I15

it appears that crossing state lines is eased

AZ- NV is ok
NV- UT is ok
UT- ID is ok
ID- MT is ok

anyone know anything which might counter this ?

It's gonna be hammer down the 2 of us swapping seats and stopping only for gas

once there we will isolate

Thanks, Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:14 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I just drove from AZ to MN last week... saw no hint of anything on any border anywhere. Didn't drive this interstate, of course.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:38 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I know a number of people who are currently on the road for various reasons. I am unaware that interstate travel has ever been restricted during this pandemic. Of course, when you exit, local restrictions apply. Gas stations are open, and drive-through food is widely available. Once you arrive, most states require you to self-quarantine for 14 days. That limits what you can do to help with the “family situation.”
Old 05-08-2020, 02:00 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
Live in PHX & have a little family "concern" in MT

Would like to shoot straight up I15

it appears that crossing state lines is eased

AZ- NV is ok
NV- UT is ok
UT- ID is ok
ID- MT is ok

anyone know anything which might counter this ?

It's gonna be hammer down the 2 of us swapping seats and stopping only for gas

once there we will isolate

Thanks, Mike

You going by van or car? Having the van is big advantage for making time, assuming it can be driven as fast as the car.

We did most of that route summer before last, and under similar unexpected circumstances. We were coming from a bit west of Vale, Oregon and caught I15 at Chubbock. We left in the mid afternoon the first day and stayed in Blackfoot that night. Next day was all the way to Billings so about 850 miles. Long and boring drive to be sure and only me driving. We averaged 72mph for that day. Minneapolis by noon the next day.

We did cut the corner off the turn from I15 to I90 from Dillon, so that did seem to help for time, miles, and boredom. Pretty decent two lane.

You going to go straight through?
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 04:15 PM   #5
Platinum Member

What states require you to self-quarantine for 14 days?
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 05:18 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
A month ago there were several listed in this article - don't know what is true today.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ts/2947021001/
Old 05-08-2020, 05:25 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:

yes, asking here as fresh information on a changing situation is tough

I think we'll be fine

Thanks, Mike
Old 05-08-2020, 06:09 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Some updated info here: https://www.aarp.org/politics-societ...trictions.html
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:14 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
At one time as many as 30 had such an order in place according to USA Today (4/5/20). I couldn’t tell you how many have lifted that requirement, because things have been changing quickly since May 1st. I know for certain Maryland’s is still in place because I have family there and I’m waiting for the order to be lifted to schedule a needed visit. I’ve been checking every few days.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:55 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Minnesota isn't one of the 30. That's why I asked. Stay at Home or self-shelter isn't quarantining in my mind. Quarantining is I think like what Chris Cuomo (CNN) took in his basement with people bringing him food and such and leaving it on the door step - absolutely no contact. However he had COVID-19. Stay at Home in Minnesota means not going to work, school, entertainment or places of businesses except for essentials like food and prescriptions. You can go out for a walk, biking or exercise, and you can pick up take out food. Minnesota has also since allowed golf. I don't know if they ever banned boating because people were launching boats as soon as ice was off the lake.

I have no idea how they could enforce 14 day quarantines or how it could be practical. I suspect it is more to discourage travel. Paint a red "Q" on your forehead? Did anyone experience this requirement or know someone who has?
Old 05-08-2020, 10:24 PM   #11
Platinum Member

I agree about enforcement. I don’t know how officials would know unless of course nosey neighbors complain. And they might... These kinds of events bring out the best- and the worst- in human behavior.

I hope to visit my elderly mother sometime this summer, but it’s hard to predict how this will go. She lives in a gated retirement community, and they allow one visitor. Coming from out-of-state, though, I’m subject to the 14-day self-quarantine, and they will ask. For now, it’s best I stay away. But I’m worried that she’s been inside her apartment with almost no human interaction other than phone calls for 2 months.
Old 05-09-2020, 10:53 AM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Did anyone experience this requirement or know someone who has?
14 day self-isolation was required when we reentered Massachusetts after traveling home from Florida. Because we didn’t want to take the chance of exposing our island community we voluntarily complied. I believe it is still a requirement and a big concern as summer visitors start to come on the ferries as our hospital only has 14 beds.
magicbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 12:45 PM   #13
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
I agree about enforcement. I don’t know how officials would know unless of course nosey neighbors complain. And they might... These kinds of events bring out the best- and the worst- in human behavior.

I hope to visit my elderly mother sometime this summer, but it’s hard to predict how this will go. She lives in a gated retirement community, and they allow one visitor. Coming from out-of-state, though, I’m subject to the 14-day self-quarantine, and they will ask. For now, it’s best I stay away. But I’m worried that she’s been inside her apartment with almost no human interaction other than phone calls for 2 months.
I understand better in your case. Assisted living and nursing homes in Minnesota are locked down from any visitors in Minnesota and despite that most of the deaths in Minnesota are from those residents. We (sister-in-law) moved my wife's aunt from Queens, NYC where she lived in the same house since 1947 to a assisted living home in Minnesota March 1, and soon after she was locked down from visitors. Quite a change.

We have been self-sheltering since the day after we got home from our 6 week RV trip March 7 except for walks, food (and of course, beer), and take out. I also have my condo RV garage/man cave/wood shop I can escape to 9 miles out in farm country.
Old 05-10-2020, 02:52 AM   #14
Platinum Member

Quote:
I-15 AZ/NV/UT/ID/MT
Whoa, for a second there I thought you were mentioning Elon Musk's childs' name.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:40 AM   #15
Platinum Member

I think the 14 day quarantine is pretty much on the honor system...whatever state it is... especially if one drives in rather than flying.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 01:11 PM   #16
Platinum Member

Saw this this morning. Seems like it's mostly the honor system, but if someone complains and local officials choose to respond, there are teeth.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ne/ar-BB13ZsQJ
Old 05-13-2020, 06:21 PM   #17
Platinum Member

Hello from Montana

We made it no concerns

The only thing we saw was a sign at hoover dam into NV which said to quarantine for 14 days

Nothing else on route

Only stopped for gas 3 times

No contacts and staying isolated here

Thanks

Mike
Old 05-17-2020, 04:22 PM   #18

Default As a Montanan please read governor's statement

MONTANA – Governor Steve Bullock today directed that travelers arriving from another state or country to Montana for non-work-related purposes undergo a 14-day self-quarantine. The Directive follows the governor’s prior travel advisory and last week’s Stay at Home Directive.

“While we love our visitors, we would ask that you not come visit while Montanans are watching out for one another by staying at home,” said Governor Bullock. “This is important not only to protect our health care system, but also to protect against the spread of COVID-19.”

“As of today, travel from another state or country is the most common known source of COVID-19 infections in Montana. I am asking anyone who is in Montana and has recently traveled from another state or country to do the right thing and self-quarantine for 14 days,” continued Governor Bullock.

The Directive applies both to Montana residents and non-residents entering the state for non-work-related purposes. It requires a self-quarantine for 14 days, or the duration of a non-work trip to Montana—whichever is shorter. The Directive also instructs the Montana Department of Commerce to advise vacation listing and rental sites that they must notify potential out-of-state renters about the quarantine requirement. Health care workers are excluded from the Directive.

Further, the Directive authorizes the Montana National Guard to conduct temperature checks at Montana airports and rail stations and screen for potential exposure history for travelers arriving in Montana from another state or country.

The Directive is effective now through April 24, 2020. The full Directive is linked here.
sg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 04:37 PM   #19
Platinum Member

Back home in PHX now

No road/travel issues

We plan fuel stops for costcos most of which have attendants cleaning the pumps before each customer ( not Orem UT), still I use a glove or a bag over hand to press buttons and pump

Friday was very busy for RV's in UT and NV

walmart overnights

kalispell 2 or 3
Logan UT 4 or 5
Cedar city about 20 RV's on Friday

We had isolated before leaving and had no contact with anyone.
masked and gloved when out of the van for stops

we carried all supplies but for a quick run into cedar city walmart, staff and 50% customers masked

it is really obvious the disconnect between those who mask and those who do not
generally the same as physical shape or their car condition

mike
Old 05-17-2020, 07:55 PM   #20
Platinum Member

Thanks for the recap of your Montana trip.
We are anxious to get "On the Road again".
Montana was home before AZ.
AZ ADVenturist is offline   Reply With Quote