Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default I can't really complain about "B" prices too much...

Just on a lark, I decided to check how much a new truck camper with similar amenities to a "B", as well as a decent truck that could carry it would cost. The result? One would either pay more than a Chevy based "B", or sacrifice things like a usable bathroom or storage space ("B"s don't have much storage, but compared to TCs, they have a lot more, although one can factor in the space in the truck's cab as storage space as well.) Of course the 4x4 + TC goes more places, but that isn't really my aim.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay
Default Re: I can't really complain about "B" prices too much...

We had thought about the same scenario after we sold our PleasureWay Lexor class B early in 2009. But after figuring a Chevy/GMC 25 or 3500 pickup + a decent sized Lance truck camper, we were in the $60 to 65k retail priced neighborhood.
The pickup was not much use to us other than carrying the camper, so it would sit most of the time, and the wife has problems going up very many and steep steps, (knees & hips shot), hence our decision to stick with a motorhome of some type.
I think we've now found our happy medium with the new ERA B.

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:15 AM   #3
Platinum Member

look at this truck camper

[youtube:33flb30v]Dk7D9XjtfSY[/youtube:33flb30v]
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:37 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Nice!

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:21 AM   #5
Platinum Member

I think Princess Craft has that model (I pass it on my way to IKEA or JCPenney's.) With 5000 pounds, a dually F350 with a diesel is minimum. It has a lot of room inside, I'll grant that. However, with the truck's MSRP + the TC, I definitely can buy an ERA, a PW Ascent, a RT SS Agile possibly a RT CS, and any of those are a lot more usable in towns. Plus, there are CGs that will not allow truck campers.

The only TC I really liked was the Livin Lite offering. It is a bit Spartan compared to the three slide model, but there is zero wood, and water intrusion means just drying things out, no worries about rot. I'm sure that TC will remain quite usable far long after the other stick/tin and other models have long since made their trip to the town dump.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlts22
I think Princess Craft has that model (I pass it on my way to IKEA or JCPenney's.) With 5000 pounds, a dually F350 with a diesel is minimum. It has a lot of room inside, I'll grant that. However, with the truck's MSRP + the TC, I definitely can buy an ERA, a PW Ascent, a RT SS Agile possibly a RT CS, and any of those are a lot more usable in towns. Plus, there are CGs that will not allow truck campers.

The only TC I really liked was the Livin Lite offering. It is a bit Spartan compared to the three slide model, but there is zero wood, and water intrusion means just drying things out, no worries about rot. I'm sure that TC will remain quite usable far long after the other stick/tin and other models have long since made their trip to the town dump.

if i were going to buy a truck camper it would be a Northstar Igloo
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote