Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2019, 11:09 PM   #41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbn7hj View Post
Why tell us about it if we can’t buy it? I think I can put an 800AH system together for half that cost. I have 200AH for $2500. Where is all the money going?
Yeah. It looks like the 400AH Lithionics with BMS sell for c.$6.5k (X2 in his setup= $13k)). He probably doesn't realize that to come on to any forum and tout his "mine is better than yours" system and claim he is always correct in everything he says is probably not the best way to sell. You don't post on 32 groups just to "inform." The only other post I found of his directed you to Midwest AD. Obvious?

Oh, and IdleUp: You belittle the others for posting all day........exactly as you are doing.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 11:12 PM   #42
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbn7hj View Post
Why tell us about it if we can’t buy it? I think I can put an 800AH system together for half that cost. I have 200AH for $2500. Where is all the money going?

Well Gee let me do some math for you!

Let's see - $2500 for 200 ah this means you'll have to spend $10,000 for made in China batteries with half the power of Lithionics batteries and you still won't have a UL approved BMS with Bluetooth, troubleshooting, power button, silver allow contacts, SOC meter, amp connector, etc. etc, etc,.

Then you'll still have to add the 3000 watt Freedom inverter, Combox, display panel, solar panels, Victron controller, second charger, Charge Mate Pro, fuse panel, ring alarm, 4G router. Plus pay for to have your 12 volt and 110 volt system to be re-wired.

Your well over $20,000 already. You might want to re-view my video. If you guys were not so busy attacking me for no reason, I would be happy to tell you where you can buy every part in my system.

Enjoy - Miike
IdleUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 11:32 PM   #43
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GallenH View Post
Yeah. It looks like the 400AH Lithionics with BMS sell for c.$6.5k (X2 in his setup= $13k)). He probably doesn't realize that to come on to any forum and tout his "mine is better than yours" system and claim he is always correct in everything he says is probably not the best way to sell. You don't post on 32 groups just to "inform." The only other post I found of his directed you to Midwest AD. Obvious?

Oh, and IdleUp: You belittle the others for posting all day........exactly as you are doing.

Ok first off Gallen, I'm the guy who started the thread and spent 3 months to do the video, so don't be too surprised I'm here answering replies on my own thread. Of course you're free to start your own thread anywhere else on this forum.

It's too bad you guys are so negative, because after spending 6 months on this project, I happen to know a little bit more than you do regarding this lithium system.

Oh, by the way - your math is way wrong on the batteries cost!

Thanks - Mike
Old 10-30-2019, 11:40 PM   #44
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdleUp View Post
Well Gee let me do some math for you!

Let's see - $2500 for 200 ah this means you'll have to spend $10,000 for made in China batteries with half the power of Lithionics batteries and you still won't have a UL approved BMS with Bluetooth, troubleshooting, power button, silver allow contacts, SOC meter, amp connector, etc. etc, etc,.

Then you'll still have to add the 3000 watt Freedom inverter, Combox, display panel, solar panels, Victron controller, second charger, Charge Mate Pro, fuse panel, ring alarm, 4G router. Plus pay for to have your 12 volt and 110 volt system to be re-wired.

Your well over $20,000 already. You might want to re-view my video. If you guys were not so busy attacking me for no reason, I would be happy to tell you where you can buy every part in my system.

Enjoy - Miike
Nope. $949 for each 100AH battery with BMS made in Reno, Nevada, I’m told. 800AH system would be $8500-$9000. The 1500 watt inverter is Samlex. Been running it for two years now. All is well.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 11:42 PM   #45
Platinum Member

Quote:

It's too bad you guys are so negative, because after spending 6 months on this project, I happen to know a little bit more than you do regarding this lithium system.

Oh,

As I said in my last post, you just proved yourself wrong by claiming an absolute in an opinion topic, with no data. Confirming 6 months of bad assumptions, or prepaid by vendor assumptions, proves absolutely nothing, much less your knowledge compared to anyone else whom you don't even know anything about.

Blast away, we all know what is coming. Junior high school logic you are spouting.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 12:14 AM   #46
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
As I said in my last post, you just proved yourself wrong by claiming an absolute in an opinion topic, with no data. Confirming 6 months of bad assumptions, or prepaid by vendor assumptions, proves absolutely nothing, much less your knowledge compared to anyone else whom you don't even know anything about.

Blast away, we all know what is coming. Junior high school logic you are spouting.
Booster, I have no idea why you guys hate me the way you do - I come up here and post a well produced video covering every aspect of a lithium installation to help RV'ers understand lithium better and before I can even answer the first reply there is four hateful reply's from you experts!

What is it with you guys - I don't want any seniority on this forum or topple any of you self-proclaimed experts from your leadership. Most important, I paid for all my equipment and there is not one link to any vendor.
Old 10-31-2019, 12:17 AM   #47
Platinum Member

Pretty simple, this forum is based on facts, data, and documentation. Boastful claims and slick videos don't make up for lack of substance.
Old 10-31-2019, 12:23 AM   #48
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
You keep repeating this incorrect and misleading hearsay over and over again. There is not a single word in any published Mercedes literature that prohibits diesel idling. I challenge you to provide a verifiable counter-example. Tall tales from unnamed "techs" or your "expert advice" don't count. Being able and willing to simply make stuff up and then report in a voice of great authority doesn't cut it.

The "40 amp" takeoff stuff has always been there throughout the lifetime of the NCV3. It has nothing to do with the alternator or idling, it is a result of the engineering of the entire vehicle charging system. And in any event, it is obviously totally irrelevant to 2nd alternators.

Avanti I'm working on an updated short article since many things have changed regarding Mercedes when it comes to Up-Fitters. They no longer allow "auto-Start Systems to be installed by Up-Fitters. They now only allow 40 amps to be drawn from the stock alternator. The most recent change is the processor will not allow any high idle stationary charging even on a 2nd alternator, if the engine is close to a DPF regen cycle. For the most part, Mercedes is ending this RV charging thing. I'll cover these and other changes in my next article. There is things in the immediate future I'm not even at liberty to speak about!

Keep in mind, unlike you where you only have published material to pool from, I have direct contact with Mercedes USA in North Carolina. In fact, one of the top guys who makes up-fitter decisions is a guy I fly models with.
Old 10-31-2019, 12:28 AM   #49
Platinum Member

Quote:
Pretty simple, this forum is based on facts, data, and documentation. Boastful claims and slick videos don't make up for lack of substance.

Ok Mr. Booster provide me a list of all my so-called misstated facts, data and documentation you're talking about or just shut up about it. Every article I post is 100% factual and correct and you know it!
Old 10-31-2019, 12:33 AM   #50
Site Team

Quote:
Avanti I'm working on an updated short article since many things have changed regarding Mercedes when it comes to Up-Fitters. They no longer allow "auto-Start Systems to be installed by Up-Fitters. They now only allow 40 amps to be drawn from the stock alternator. The most recent change is the processor will not allow any high idle stationary charging even on a 2nd alternator, if the engine is close to a DPF regen cycle. For the most part, Mercedes is ending this RV charging thing. I'll cover these and other changes in my next article. There is things in the immediate future I'm not even at liberty to speak about!

Keep in mind, unlike you where you only have published material to pool from, I have direct contact with Mercedes USA in North Carolina. In fact, one of the top guys who makes up-fitter decisions is a guy I fly models with.
That is great. We look forward to it. However, please DO NOT include any claims that are not backed by published references. Too many of the claims you have made have been based on anonymous or otherwise unverifiable sources, and a large percentage of them have been demonstrated to be erroneous, your boasting notwithstanding. Expressing your personal opinions are fine, but when it comes to factual claims, we need to enforce a higher standard of evidence.

Thank you.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 01:02 AM   #51
Platinum Member

Quote:
Ok Mr. Booster provide me a list of all my so-called misstated facts, data and documentation you're talking about or just shut up about it. Every article I post is 100% factual and correct and you know it!

That if pure troll-speak, insist on people proving you wrong instead of doing the hard (impossible?) task of proving yourself right.

There are a host of questions in this thread that you have ignored so we have to assume you don't/won't do the hard work of proof and documentation.

Personally, I would love to see how you have determined that Onan's are not loud and irritating, as you are likely one of the few in the world that would say that.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:28 AM   #52
Platinum Member

Quote:

You could help this forum understanding your point by clearly stating your mission, what are your objectives. 6 months on the video project and 32 postings on different sites does look like a job, so what is there for you, why are you doing this thread.

Your words on this thread come across narcissistic for many, difficult to convey any message in that style.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 02:30 AM   #53
Platinum Member

Quote:
Ok first off Gallen, I'm the guy who started the thread and spent 3 months to do the video, so don't be too surprised I'm here answering replies on my own thread. Of course you're free to start your own thread anywhere else on this forum.

Oh, by the way - your math is way wrong on the batteries cost!

Thanks - Mike
You could be correct in your last statement as I only went by the look of your terminal configuration and stated AH w/BMS. That's how I came up with:

Lithium ion deep cycle and engine cranking batteries for RV, Marine, trucks, solar power, off grid power, sailboats, yachts, industry, commercial trucks & diesel machinery plus Elco electric marine motors & DC power solutions. [cost $6,713.29] and

https://www.ervsolar.com/Lithionics-...A-Power-Module [cost $6,565]

Regarding your thread and the responses: Do you not expect people to respond to a forum thread? Or only respond favorably? Do you understand why people would view the time you spent creating the video and the fact that you posted to 32 forums and the fact that you make specific product endorsements as suspect? Finally, do you have ANY connection to Lithionics or Midwest Automotive Designs?
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 01:33 PM   #54
Platinum Member

The most negative aspect for me of the whole RV and camping experience is that there are always a few clowns like this in every campground that insist on running their loud generators all day. You can be in the quietest, most pristine national park campground and there will be a couple guys like this needing to charge their batteries all day without the slightest concern for other people 30 feet away. They obviously don’t care about anyone except themselves. It would go completely against my nature to disturb others on their peaceful vacation with a generator.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 01:43 PM   #55
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
No need to say anything about this as it proves what we have been saying about facts, accuracy, and 100% right all the time.
This is incorrect booster, "Whatever I say you bet money on since its 1000 % accurate."

Bud
Bud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 02:07 PM   #56
Platinum Member

Good Morning - We’re going in circles here as we did on last article, where these same six guys contradicted my last articles facts. Hopefully, you’ll remember you were all proven wrong. To refresh your memory, when I stated that up-fitters were no allowed to drill even one hole in the frame of a Mercedes and all called me a liar. The next day, I verified my comments to be 100% correct in a LTV video where my friend Dean in a factory tour, openly confirmed I was correct. I was also on the money regarding the limitation of only drawing 40 amps from the stock Mercedes alternator.

My professional film on “Upgrading an RV to Lithium” is 100% factual in every respect and represents years of my work with lithium battery systems. Every statement regarding the use of equipment was verified with countless hours of meeting with the actual manufactures to confirm the film was 100% correct. My film represents 40 years of my mechanical and electrical design of Military drones and more importantly, my 25 years of designing the first lithium powered drones for military and hobby use. Before you guys ever heard the word lithium, I was flying military drones on lithium power.

I find it puzzling how six users who's experience with lithium is limited to only turning on and off a switch, would have the audacity to contradict the facts of the best experts in the field. Please post some of your credentials!

In closing - Users and Administrator can not edit nor force other users to only post according to their wishes and beliefs nor deny them free speech when it is within forum guidelines. I caution you to move carefully and study up on Users Rights on an “Open Forum” as the guidelines are very clear.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:23 PM   #57
Platinum Member

I think Idleup is also the guy who ran his air conditioner on batteries life test and touted the results in one of his previous threads. Didn't we later in the discussion find out that he ran the test after sunset when it was no solar load and cooler temps? 100%?

You can attack, throw bluster, insist moderating is illegal, all you want. It doesn't change the basics of the contradictions, questions not answered, undocumented claims of products reliability without any proof, or how this system would be used in the real world by the real world class b campers here and elsewhere.

Isn't threatening moderators against forum policy?
Old 10-31-2019, 02:24 PM   #58
Site Team

Quote:
In closing - Users and Administrator can not edit nor force other users to only post according to their wishes and beliefs nor deny them free speech when it is within forum guidelines. I caution you to move carefully and study up on Users Rights on an “Open Forum” as the guidelines are very clear.
Note to all members:
Before posting any message on this list, please review the "Terms of Service" to which you agreed upon registration.

Fortunately, unlike some claims you see on the Internet, this document is available for all to see in black and white:

https://www.classbforum.com/forums/m...twork&page=tos
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 02:39 PM   #59
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Good Morning - We’re going in circles here as we did on last article, where these same six guys contradicted my last articles facts. Hopefully, you’ll remember you were all proven wrong. To refresh your memory, when I stated that up-fitters were no allowed to drill even one hole in the frame of a Mercedes and all called me a liar. The next day, I verified my comments to be 100% correct in a LTV video where my friend Dean in a factory tour, openly confirmed I was correct. I was also on the money regarding the limitation of only drawing 40 amps from the stock Mercedes alternator.

My professional film on “Upgrading an RV to Lithium” is 100% factual in every respect and represents years of my work with lithium battery systems. Every statement regarding the use of equipment was verified with countless hours of meeting with the actual manufactures to confirm the film was 100% correct. My film represents 40 years of my mechanical and electrical design of Military drones and more importantly, my 25 years of designing the first lithium powered drones for military and hobby use. Before you guys ever heard the word lithium, I was flying military drones on lithium power.

I find it puzzling how six users who's experience with lithium is limited to only turning on and off a switch, would have the audacity to contradict the facts of the best experts in the field. Please post some of your credentials!

"Please post some of your credentials!"

This was covered in one of your previous threads. Fact is: Credentials are not evidence. Even Elon Musk was said he doesn't 'whatever' concerning credentials. It is about evidence, not folks that say whatever they say is 1000% accurate.

Maybe someday I can achieve being number 7.

Bud
Bud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 02:44 PM   #60
Platinum Member

Quote:
The only difference between the LPG/AGM and LPG / lithium system is the longevity of your investment plus the added benefit of many times the storage of power.
I think that is right. We have an AGM system with no LPG and it works just fine for our purposes off the under-hood generator and diesel for heat. Whether you need a separate generator depends on your use, not the type of batteries you have. I wouldn't idle my sprinter all night to run the AC.

Quote:
My next van will eliminate solar because it is not cost effective with high capacity lithium systems when you can run an engine with second alternator for 15 minutes and get the same result. Solar is for AGMs I think maybe for up around 200ah (you can quibble but you get the point).
I think this is a more interesting question. Solar mostly tops off batteries. That is important for AGM's that need to be kept fully charged and drawn down as little as possible. Lithiums actually do better being kept partially charged. But for us, our solar will keep our refrigerator running indefinitely, at least in summer. So, once again, it depends on your use.
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote