Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2021, 07:42 PM   #1

Default In the market for a Pleasureway Ascent

Hello all you helpful people!
I’m currently running a Chrysler Pacifica with some car-camping gear, but the thought of standing headroom has become just too appealing. My first van was a 1970 Westfalia and we put many, many happy miles on her travelling all over the west coast. I’ve also had sailboats, so I have some familiarity with sanitation and electrical systems. After reading everything here, and googling and watching every youtube video I could find, I’m looking at the Pleasureway Ascent for build quality and vehicle safety.

At some point I need to see one in person, so here are my questions:
Do you think there's any benefit right now to ordering from the manufacturer instead of a dealer?
In this environment, what kind of discount (if any) are people seeing from dealers?
Any recommendations for a dealer within a couple hundred miles of Washington DC?
My primary concern is vehicle safety, anything you think I might have missed?

I have learned so much here, and I look forward to joining you on the road!
Susan Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 03:47 PM   #2
Platinum Member

You may wish to connect with Fretz RV in Souderton, PA. When we were considering a Pleasure-Way and gave PW a call, they suggested that as one of the possible dealers.

That said, we strongly recommend gently used via a private sale over new, if you can find one.

https://www.fretzrv.com/new-and-used...-way&types=116

Also, for some real-world PW Ascent experiences, check out the "From She To Me" channel on YouTube. They have one and they take it all over the place. Oh, and for another (possibly former) PW Ascent owner, check out the "Ultramobility" channel on YT. He hasn't posted anything in months, but he has posted in the past about his Ascent and reviewed a whole bunch of Class B RV's.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote