Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2020, 01:43 AM   #121
Gold Member

I feel so fortunate that my 1st and current RV is a 2015 RT 190 Anniversary Edition capable of 4 season use with fully enclosed insulated water tanks and most of all Alde 3010 hydronic heating system. Silent operation and can heat with either electric or propane. Coolant heat exchanger with engine coolant to allow system to heat coach while running down the road. No generator just an additional dedicated 2nd alternator with 4 batteries.
Visited my step daughter in Nov 2018 in Clarksville, TN for 4 days with below freezing temps every night and we lounged and slept in just shorts like being at home. She only had a 1 bedroom apartment so we boon docked 4 nights in a Walmart parking lot with no issue keeping inside temps in the 70's both day or night with the high's only about 40 during the day and lows at night about 26 while we were there. When I served in the Army and was stationed in Germany I slept many a night in below freezing temps, but now that I am retired I have no tolerance to sleeping in the cold.
Buc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 11:13 AM   #122
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc22 View Post
I feel so fortunate that my 1st and current RV is a 2015 RT 190 Anniversary Edition capable of 4 season use with fully enclosed insulated water tanks and most of all Alde 3010 hydronic heating system. Silent operation and can heat with either electric or propane. Coolant heat exchanger with engine coolant to allow system to heat coach while running down the road. No generator just an additional dedicated 2nd alternator with 4 batteries.
Visited my step daughter in Nov 2018 in Clarksville, TN for 4 days with below freezing temps every night and we lounged and slept in just shorts like being at home. She only had a 1 bedroom apartment so we boon docked 4 nights in a Walmart parking lot with no issue keeping inside temps in the 70's both day or night with the high's only about 40 during the day and lows at night about 26 while we were there. When I served in the Army and was stationed in Germany I slept many a night in below freezing temps, but now that I am retired I have no tolerance to sleeping in the cold.
You have one the rarest and nicest Roadtrek 190's. Glad to hear it is working for you.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 01:43 PM   #123
Gold Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
You have one the rarest and nicest Roadtrek 190's. Glad to hear it is working for you.
Thank You

When I first saw the listing in Dallas RV dealership I had to research what this model had in it.
Moto Metal M970 16x8
Buc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 07:29 PM   #124
Bronze Member

I have used the propane fueled heater in the camper. The cubic feet of space is so tiny that very little fuel is needed to keep the temperature at 66 degrees inside. We spent two weeks in subzero conditions and with the fridge running off the propane as well as the furnace and using the propane cooktop for our meals we consumed less than 3 lbs of propane.

What I also did was put a 1" thick sheet of the pink foam board under the mattress.
Calson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 12:05 PM   #125
Platinum Member

I thought I'd drop this info here just FYI.

After the Big Texas Freeze, it took a few months for my G Stove to get delivered. They are made in Norway and demand greatly exceeds supply.

This is mainly for future emergency use in multiple contexts. We won't be retrofitting our current Class B to accept it (not yet, anyway), although if we do build our own van at some point, we will be installing a flue penetration in the roof, to create an easy option of using it in that van. We would not install the stove itself on a permanent basis, as it takes up valuable space, but I want the option for future temporary installation, in other words. A snap-in / snap-out piece of the off-grid van puzzle.

Shown sitting on the existing van galley counter for scale. The flue segments, chimney cap, and ash scraper pack into the stove for storage:

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 10:58 PM   #126
Platinum Member

That is really nice looking!
rvsprinterguy is offline   Reply With Quote