Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2019, 09:58 PM   #1

Default Install ideas for Winegard Connect 2.0

I own a 2008 210 Popular and am about to install a new Togo Roadlink™ C2 unit which is similar to the Winegard Connect 2.0. (Sorry for the misleading title, but the Winegard and Toto Roadlink are virtually the same unit!) I plan to install it right behind the vent fan on the roof with 3M adhesive. I want to avoid drilling a hole for the power cable through the roof. Has anyone else gone through the roof antenna wire entry way into the interior for something? I am now considering removing the antenna wire and routing the Togo unit wire in its place since we don’t use the antenna. Just wondering if there are things to be learned from other’s experiences.

Also, what tape would you recommend for taping the cable down on the roof?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Saxmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 12:43 AM   #2

Default Togo Roadlink installed!

I just had my Togo Roadlink 4G LTE Router & Wi-Fi Extender installed on the roof of my 2008 210 Popular. The unit enhances the wi-fi wherever you are (amazing how I picked up 10-15 signals!) and if you purchase data from AT&T you can use it with 4G cell service. Thought some of you might like to see how they did it.

My installer mounted it behind the fan vent, ran the connecting cable through the vent (to avoid drilling holes in the roof,) then between the roof and headliner into the entertainment system cabinet above the microwave. I've included photos of the roof and the on/off switch in the entertainment cabinet.

Just used it last weekend and was pleasantly suprised how well it worked in Bodega Bay using AT&T 4G cell service. We watched a 1.5 hour movie streamed from Netflix with no stuttering and used only 600mb of our 5gb plan that I payed $25 for the month.

Very happy so far--will find out how well it really works on our 2 week trip to the Pacific Northwest later this summer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0460.jpg (233.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0461.jpg (226.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0481.jpg (281.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-27-2019, 03:25 PM   #3

Is there a way to keep track of your data usage?

KC
AAFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAFD View Post
Is there a way to keep track of your data usage?

KC
Yes, you use the Winegard app and it links to your AT&T account so you can check your data usage.