Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2022, 05:11 PM   #1

Default Insurance for American RV in Europe URGENT

We are owners of a motorhome (camping car).* We have the project of bringing it to Europe and travel there for a few years.* We plan using the camping car for approximately 90-120 days each year and then store it for the remaining days.

The vehicle is and will continue, each year, to be registered in America with an Americas license plate. Our driving license is valid for driving vehicles weighing up to 4,500 Kg.
The manufacturer's specifications state that the GVWR (maximum weight the vehicle can weigh) is 4241 kg and it weight 3985 kg in full load.

Vehicle Description*:
Class B, Pleasure-Way Lexor, 2018, built on a Chrysler Pro Master 3500 (2017) chassis with a 3.6 liter V6 gasoline (gasoline) engine.* The motorhome measures: 637 cm in length, 250 cm in width and 283 cm in height.* We are expecting doing between 6000 to 9000 km annually.*

I would like to know if someone can suggest an insurance company for our motorhome for our project. For our part, we have all the required personal insurances and do not require any.*

We are looking at getting our motorhome across at the beginning of July.

Thanking you in advance.

Denis Mercier
Yes my dear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 08:25 PM   #2
Platinum Member

To keep NA car in Europe over 6 month you will likely have to register the car there which will require adaptation to EU standards, tail and headlights will need to be replaced, fog light. Hopefully emission control would be the same. Fortunatly Promaster is Fiat Ducato based so parts accesibility should be OK, I think.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 10:02 PM   #3
Platinum Member

How would you deal with Quebec's annual mechanical inspection ?

https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/immatriculat...tion-mecanique

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 08:53 PM   #4

It's not necessary to inspect the vehicule each year with the SAAQ.
Yes my dear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 06:54 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Just out of curiosity, does other insurance cover prolonged international travel. I doubt my personal liability insurance (and umbrella policies) would extend to Europe if I was accused of being at fault in an accident and sued for a million dollars in a European court. Do you have to buy an international health insurance policy. This seems very complicated.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote