Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2022, 03:59 PM   #21
Platinum Member

I go through an independent insurance agency once headed by a guy I designed a home for 42 years ago. They shop for me every year for the best price for our house, autos and our Class B (all different insurance companies) and it has changed insurers over the years but not frequently. It’s very convenient but I really don’t know if I could do better because I haven’t independently shopped and tried to do better.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:40 PM   #22
Platinum Member

I am sure that there is a lot of regional price difference in insurance but our State Farm policy for our Sprinter is an RV policy for about $600 per year for RV value well over $100,000 (in the midwest). I am always surprises at the price because it isn't much different than our cars which are valued at half that at most. In fact, I am always more conscious of our homeowners insurance because that is much higher despite high deductibles.

In the end though, my main concern is having a company that I know I can trust to come through for me if I have a claim. Luckily this has been rare but when it has happened, I know that I can make one phone call to someone I know by their first name and they will take care of it with no hassles.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 05:03 PM   #23
Platinum Member

You are right, considering the RV value, premiums seem like good deals in general.

It may be related to using your car as a "daily driver" which increases the risk, vs recreational use for a couple of weeks per year. Premiums may be higher for those who live in their RVs?
Urlauber is offline   Reply With Quote