Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2020, 07:31 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Is it possible to take a shower in the Roadtrek?

I have a 2004 200P Roadtrek.

Is it really possible to take a shower in the Roadtrek?
k1hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 07:42 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Sure
but we don't in our 2006 Pleasure Way Lexor
we find we are either in a campground- and use theirs

or in the boonies and use the outside shower
- does your model have an outside shower set?

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 07:45 PM   #3
Platinum Member

We do.have an outside shower, we thought about getting a outside shower enclosure, but that path seems cumbersome.
k1hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 08:16 PM   #4
Site Team

Other than having our own toilet, IMO there is NOTHING better about owning a B-van than being able to take my morning shower in our very own bathroom. I would never, ever use a campground shower as long as our onboard unit is operational.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:22 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I vote with Avanti.

We have never used a public shower in all the decades we have owned Bs and Cs. We had a 96 Roadtrek 190 Popular and we showered in that aisle shower every day we were traveling regardless whether it was boondocking or at a commercial facility. Now, we have a 2007 210 Popular and can use either the enclosed shower or the aisle shower.
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 02:49 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Other than having our own toilet, IMO there is NOTHING better about owning a B-van than being able to take my morning shower in our very own bathroom. I would never, ever use a campground shower as long as our onboard unit is operational.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doneworking View Post
I vote with Avanti.

We have never used a public shower in all the decades we have owned Bs and Cs. We had a 96 Roadtrek 190 Popular and we showered in that aisle shower every day we were traveling regardless whether it was boondocking or at a commercial facility. Now, we have a 2007 210 Popular and can use either the enclosed shower or the aisle shower.
Another vote for using your "b's" inside shower (especially now days).
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 01:48 PM   #7
Platinum Member

It's all a matter of taste and necessity. In 15+ years I used the onboard shower once... in the first rig. I found it too claustrophobic and I'm a scrawny little old lady. If the campground showers are acceptable, I use them. If not, a sink bath is sufficient. Most of my trips are short.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 03:00 PM   #8
Platinum Member

My first choice is campground showers, my second choice is a sponge bath, and my last choice is the on-board shower. I haven't used the one in our Roadtrek yet, but I have used small showers in other RVs.

Campground showers aren't always the cleanest but I'm pretty experienced from years of tent camping to shower in questionable spaces with minimal contact. However, covid has changed things. I would not use a campground shower these days, and it's hard to say when (or even if) that might change.

So... could I? Yes. Would I? Probably not. I can get presentable with a wash cloth and basin. We usually camp without hookups, so a sponge bath uses considerably less water. I can't speak for my wife. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. She's never used an RV shower before, let alone one as small as the Roadtrek!
Old 06-12-2020, 06:33 PM   #9
Platinum Member

40+ years in RocknRoll as a tech has had me post load-out flipflop into locker room showers in arenas an stadiums all over the world

never got athletes foot or fungus

I know how to get in dirty and out clean

If Im paying for a camp spot, I'd rather use their resources

don;t want humidity in the van, and slight space savings loosing shower pan ( that where my solar goes) and curtain

we do use outside shower

Mike
Old 06-13-2020, 04:26 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Most of us who boondock cannot use our own onboard showers routinely. Too little fresh water available, too little gray water storage.

I've found over the years that a lake bath is my favorite option. I've set up solar showers in the woods with tarp enclosures, even heated water over a fire, etc. etc. But in unpopulated areas, I wear loose clothing down to the lake, jump in, wash by passing the soap beneath the clothing, thus preserving modesty. Dunk hair. Boom, done, very clean, infinite volume of rinse water, and no hassle of setting anything up and preparing warm water.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 07:04 PM   #11
Platinum Member

I/we boondock extensively. Solo, I can count on 7 showers, but my 200 carries 35 gals of useable fresh water. The above takes into account making coffee and tea from the main water supply as well as other domestic uses.

We use the aisle shower extensively. I have installed a reversing switch on the Fantastic Fan for blowing the air in to force the shower curtain out a bit to make the area larger. Works a treat.

None of my tank indicators work so I just track the number of showers to determine when to fill and empty the tanks.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 02:39 AM   #12
Platinum Member

Hey Steve. My '2012 TouchSensor Technologies monitor went out. All fuses looked good. I finally got a schematic from Airstream which showed a hidden 1A in-line fuse on a wire away from the power center and the monitor. I replaced it, and it started working again.

Your model & year is different, but it's possible you have a similar in-line fuse. And at only 1 amp, it's certainly easy to blow.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 03:11 AM   #13
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Hey Steve. My '2012 TouchSensor Technologies monitor went out. All fuses looked good. I finally got a schematic from Airstream which showed a hidden 1A in-line fuse on a wire away from the power center and the monitor. I replaced it, and it started working again.

Your model & year is different, but it's possible you have a similar in-line fuse. And at only 1 amp, it's certainly easy to blow.
Thanks. The lights work, they are just not working correctly. I'm not inclined to want to bother with the problem as my work around works just fine.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:27 PM   #14
Bronze Member

I had a ‘96 PopD and I now have a ‘01 PopD. Both have the same shower set up. It’s PIA to use the internal shower. The biggest issue for me is, when I set up camp, I like to have my head a little elevated when I sleep. In both units,the floor drain is back by the foot of bed. When the shower is used, the water gathers at the front of the van or shower pan. It’s a pain to move it all back toward the rear drain. Having to change the level of the van to get the shower is too much trouble. I’ve tried to think of ways to use some sort of removable shower pan that I can drain outside or down internal drain. Haven’t come up with a solution.
honeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:39 PM   #15
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyboy View Post
I like to have my head a little elevated when I sleep.

sidebar, any issues with AC condensate?

I have a 2006 PleasureWay and I need to be close to level or slight nose up to drain water

Mike
Old 06-18-2020, 05:06 PM   #16
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyboy View Post
I had a ‘96 PopD and I now have a ‘01 PopD. Both have the same shower set up. It’s PIA to use the internal shower. The biggest issue for me is, when I set up camp, I like to have my head a little elevated when I sleep. In both units,the floor drain is back by the foot of bed. When the shower is used, the water gathers at the front of the van or shower pan. It’s a pain to move it all back toward the rear drain. Having to change the level of the van to get the shower is too much trouble. I’ve tried to think of ways to use some sort of removable shower pan that I can drain outside or down internal drain. Haven’t come up with a solution.
Maybe a little pia, but it seems like one solution would be to level the van, then use levelers to drive onto or off of after showering or before. Shouldn't interfeer with any hook ups, maybe an awning staked down already, a no no.

Whatever makes since given the circumstances.

Bud
Bud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:23 PM   #17

Default DLJohnson

[QUOTE=k1hog;109576]I have a 2004 200P Roadtrek.

Is it really possible to take a shower in the Roadtrek?[/QUOTE:

Yes we do occasionally use our shower. One thing I originally failed to notice was that there is a shower positioning latch on the doors that angles the doors out. The extra room was a big factor for me. Yeah you got to be careful not to use up all your water when not connected, but we vary our trips so we are usually hooked up every other night.
dlj@salinas.ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:31 PM   #18

2006 210 Popular and I use the shower a couple times a week. I take a birdbath/spongebath in between. I don't drink my fresh water; just use it for the shower, toilet, and washing dishes. I hold 30 gallons combined fresh and can get 4 showers out of that if I really try hard. You have to take Navy baths and get a shower wand with the shutoff valve so you're not wasting a bunch of water. The big issue for most people might be privacy and getting all of the daylight covered from the windows. My curtains leave a lot to be desired in terms of privacy, so I have reflectix panels I've made that I stick between the curtains and the window. I have WeatherTech Chevy 3500 Express window shades for the front windows. I recommend a car wash drying towel and a big sponge to clean up the aisle and bathroom when you're finished with your shower. That way you don't have to use your bath towel to mop up the aisle shower and you can reuse it to your heart's desire.

Where there's a will there's a way. Unfortunately there's no getting around the hassle of dumping and refilling the tanks.
BasicBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:58 PM   #19
Joe
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to Joe
Default Joe

Had our Xplorer 230 Class B for many years. Never used onboard shower. On road take GI bath. At campground we a use their facilities. We do use shower shoes at campgrounds. Never had a problem. Our shower is full of supplies so all would have to be removed. So, we could but don't.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:06 PM   #20

Default Yes

Yes we have a roadtrex 1999 that we went to Alaska in from Illinois 2 1/2 months and we always took showers in it
warm is offline   Reply With Quote