Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2020, 02:32 PM   #81
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
The window breaker resides in the van if you get trapped where you can't open the door in case of flooding or accidents. That probably is a rare need. I suppose a small child could be coaxed to use it but strangers would not know or think to know it was there and take action outside the van instead. You would hardly rescue a dog from the outside unless the dog knows how to use it.

I just owned it and don't even remember how I came by it but thought, why not? I probably inherited from my dad's tools. It would not carry suspicion from authorities such as guns and bear spray. It is small, but lethal and handy so why not carry it?

Amazon carries a lot of them so someone must think they are needed.

Good explanation I think, but also I think many of them will be useless when needed.

North of New Orleans is the 'Causeway' over about 23? miles of water. Regularly vehicles depart the Causeway, so when you reach for the tool it may not be there since there is going to quite an impact. It Has to be secured, so it will be there when needed. And Hopefully the person has roleplayed in their head using it from when you see the impact coming or not. Same with a grizzly bear spray.

If commuted every day using the Causeway twice as many do, I would have one.
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 02:39 PM   #82
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaucho View Post
Oops. I somehow linked to an ad on youtube!

Try this link instead (I actually tested this one!).

https://youtu.be/HJHOakgm5EI
Quote:
Originally Posted by themexicandoctor View Post
As for Dashcam Cameras, I highly recommend www.blackboxmycar.com.

Tell them the Doctor sent you.

[I]The money invested will pay for itself in Insurance premiums alone- if you are not the driver at fault - worth every penny & with the cloud you can see your rig anera views whether you are in Haiti, Home or inside your Rig.
[/I]

They are up in Canada & they now have an integrated unit that has its own wifi etc & two cameras, one front & one in back - so you can find your car with its GPS tracker anywhere you are in the world & view the Cameras without being hooked up to your wifi.

Plus the Cloud. Etc.

They have really come down in price, you need a battery so you can have 18-24-36 hour parked recording, etc.

Its called the 750 2 Channel but they know everything - thier customer service is superb & more than anything, they bundle everything together into great packages.
That sounds incredible! Thank you!
Vee and Zeekie is offline   Reply With Quote