Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2022, 12:38 AM   #41
Platinum Member

The link I found was to 2022 PM, which has a different transmission from prior PM's. Gov't doesn’t list mpg numbers for PM, RAM doesn’t advertise one, and there aren’t enough of them on the road yet for anyone to know what their mileage is.

Anyway, no matter who says what, 2019 PM is not going to get 26 mpg even if it is empty.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 12:45 AM   #42
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNomer View Post
The link I found was to 2022 PM, which has a different transmission from prior PM's. Gov't doesn’t list mpg numbers for PM, RAM doesn’t advertise one, and there aren’t enough of them on the road yet for anyone to know what their mileage is.

Anyway, no matter who says what, 2019 PM is not going to get 26 mpg even if it is empty.

I don't think the manufacturers are required to publish the mileage information on commercial trucks like the cargo vans are, so you won't ever find it in and official document I would guess.

I did find a Promaster forum where there were a bunch of tradesman discussing mileage, and for the most part, with moderate 500-1500# loads of their tools and supplies, they were say 14-16 mpg in general driving. Of course general driving in the country is different than in the city, but I also found similar on a website that compiles user mileage reports. Most of these were a few years old with six speed transmissions.

If a Promaster is loaded to max weight like many class Bs are, I think that would probably be right for them also, especially when going over 55mph.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote