Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2019, 10:28 PM   #1

Default Jayco Class B

I have acquired a 1994 Jayco Class B on Dodge 3500 van. Although I'm a fairly experienced Class B owner, (1974 Dodge, 1997 Rialta), I'd never seen a small Jayco before. This one has a very low milage 5.2 liter crate engine and I suspecthfas been rehabbed recently (like-new upholstery, side by side twin beds, kitchen with no stove, but a microwave, compressor fridge and a pump sink. No toilet- we have a PortaPotti.
Would like more info on this little rig. So far wave taken a trip from Ohio to Texas and it drives great for an oldtimer - which also describes its 79+ year old owner.
lwahls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:21 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I can't recall seeing your model, but it sounds like a nice rig that you are enjoying.

I have a 20.5 ft. Airstream Avenue class b on the Chevy Express '2012 chassis (perhaps nearly as rare a model as yours). It it great to have such a small package when navigating twisty mountain roads or parking in a regular parking spot. The only time I envy those in larger rigs in once we're in camp for the night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9861.JPG (788.1 KB, 35 views)
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:52 AM   #3

Default Jayco class B

Thanks for the reply. Considering it's on a 3500 chassis, its amazing how stable and quick handling it is. My wife has said no more motorhomes, but she really likes this one and you and you can park it in a standard space.
Old 05-05-2019, 03:05 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwahls View Post
Thanks for the reply. Considering it's on a 3500 chassis, its amazing how stable and quick handling it is. My wife has said no more motorhomes, but she really likes this one and you and you can park it in a standard space.
I searched youtube and found this 1996 Jayco. Sofa bed jack-knifes out so may not be the same layout as your's. Is this in the ballpark of your model?

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 05:45 PM   #5

Default Jayco ClassB

Bassically the same except with side divan,and has toilet area. These are rarer than hens teeth.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:01 PM   #6

Default Jayco class b

By the way, the reason I no longer have the Rialta is very few VW dealers serviced them and those that did charger rediculous prices. Dodge can be srrviced anywhere and if needed, I can get good used parts at tbe nearest salvage yard.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:19 AM   #7
Bronze Member

Default Jayco class b

We have a 1999 Jayco on a Ford E250, 19.5' plus rear mounted spare. Ours has the jackknife couches that make into a full width bed (storage underneath), single electric burner, compressor frig, sink with small freshwater tank, TV above cab (removed and made more storage space), microwave, roof AC and 2800 generator under the back. It had a really disgusting recycling toilet all the way in the rear on the side where if you were more than 5' tall and 120 pounds you would have trouble using. I tore it out patched the floor and put a cabinet in it's place for general camp stuff (leveling blocks, hoses, power cords, tools, etc). Ours had a removable extra bucket seat inside the side door, I removed it completely including base and fixed the floor and added another cabinet there for more kitchen storage and extra counter space. Built a wooden box that is upholstered that clamps down between the buckets that our new porta-poty slides into. I also added a swivel base to the passenger seat, you have to move the porta-poty box out of the way to swivel (then back in place) so we only use it when we are going to be somewhere more than overnight.

I was able to find some online manuals for mine but they didn't really help much, pretty much told you what you could figure out spending 5 minutes in the van.

I think there is at least one more Jayco owner on the list. Welcome to the very small owners club.
JebTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:54 PM   #8

Smile Class b Jayco

We may be the few owners of class B Jaycos, but I bet the new owners wish they hadn't scrapped the design. We have put the Potapotty beween front seats currently tn shop with electrical problem. Safe travels
Old 03-19-2023, 05:19 PM   #9

That's my van or at least what it used to look like. I'm in search of any kind of manual for it. Right now and interior manual would be perfect.
Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 10:09 PM   #10
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
That's my van or at least what it used to look like. I'm in search of any kind of manual for it. Right now and interior manual would be perfect.
Not sure which of us you're addressing. Here are the only manuals I have found. Hope they help.
2000 Jayco Camper Van Quick Guid - https://jebs-stuff.com/SuperBee/2000...ck%20Guide.pdf
2000 Jayco Mot BCV Reference - https://jebs-stuff.com/SuperBee/2000...0Reference.pdf
JebTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
senior jayco, senior owner