Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2019, 12:34 AM   #181
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
I was going from what he said in the "about/Mikes story" area. He said

They must have turned that one over pretty quickly. I do remember him saying at one time that his wife wouldn't drive the first one as it was too unstable with single wheels.
https://roadtreking.com/where-shall-...-road-beckons/
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:38 AM   #182
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
The first one they bought was a used T1N Roadtrek RS, don’t remember what model year it was. Didn’t have it long before they got the new 2012 RS and started the relationship with Roadtrek. There used to be a youtube video of the first one but I don’t think it is there anymore.
Correct. It's still on their channel and featured in the oldest videos from six years ago, like this one...

Old 01-24-2019, 12:39 AM   #183
Platinum Member

"You're a pretty busy fella and cover every possible angle."

Did Mike respond to that? I am still curious as to whether they are actually shutting down any of their operations. Since Mike is clearly one of their "Ambassadors" it would tell us something about the direction they see this going.

But don't let me interfere with your back-fence gossip.
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:44 AM   #184
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossWilliams View Post
"Ross appears to be a fanboy and is spreading his kool-aid sipping views over on Facebook too."

Except, apparently from the recent news it appears they cooked the sales figures just as I have suggested. The wildest rumors were just that. Which has little to do with any of the crap being put out by the folks whose only interest in this whole thing is as another opportunity to trash Hammil. And anyone who interferes in their reverie by suggesting people wait to get the actual facts ... FANBOY!

I assume you realize the double standard of this post????

If all the other stuff read and posted was premature and conjecture, why is this one that you like not conjecture and premature. As you have said many, many times, the investigation is not done yet.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:49 AM   #185
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Williams View Post
"You're a pretty busy fella and cover every possible angle."

Did Mike respond to that? I am still curious as to whether they are actually shutting down any of their operations. Since Mike is clearly one of their "Ambassadors" it would tell us something about the direction they see this going.

But don't let me interfere with your back-fence gossip.

@Ross Williams: Mike and Jen are old pros at this 'game'. By time we get any information out of them, they will be telling us how the 'upgraded' to their new Regency Concept One with the upgraded chrome exterior option that Jen loves.

ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:55 AM   #186
Platinum Member

" By time we get any information out of them, they will be telling us how the 'upgraded' to their new Regency Concept One with the upgraded chrome exterior option that Jen loves."

Probably, that's why I asked if he had provided an answer. I doubt they will move on to someone else until they are forced to. They really built themselves up with Roadtrek owners.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:56 AM   #187
Platinum Member

'I assume you realize the double standard of this post????"

You assume right. Its contagious.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:08 AM   #188
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossWilliams View Post
" By time we get any information out of them, they will be telling us how the 'upgraded' to their new Regency Concept One with the upgraded chrome exterior option that Jen loves."

Probably, that's why I asked if he had provided an answer. I doubt they will move on to someone else until they are forced to. They really built themselves up with Roadtrek owners.
Mike mentioned he's working 60-65 hours a week as a 'journalist' while EHG NA is providing him a $150K RV that he and wife routinely refer to as something they own in numerous videos.

Those forensic accountants do good work and will reconcile all cash flows and 'in-kind' transfers out of that EHG NA division. The IRS and Canadian Revenue agencies are going to have fun tracking those respective tax returns of all who were 'gifted' / benefited from this scheme.

Fraudulent tax return filings may warrant personal tax return audits
ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 01:38 AM   #189
Platinum Member

There has been no mention of "forensic" accountants by Hymer. It could well be just their own internal people straightening out the books. I don't know enough about how this kind of thing would work, but it doesn't sound like anyone was "gifted" anything. The more likely problems will be with Hymer's own taxes. Those fake sales my well have been funded as expenses against profits. If so, then Hymer will owe taxes on the real profits.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:54 AM   #190
Platinum Member

Is this the end of Tesla?

Lets see. CEO removed in scandal. Layoffs. Saudi buyout fell through. Yup, its the end of Tesla, they must be going bankrupt any time now.

sorry - this is in the wrong thread.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:32 PM   #191
Site Team

Moderator’s note:
Please tone down the bickering, folks.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 05:09 AM   #192
Gold Member

Economic downtown was a euphemism for we were cooking the books and we got caught.
Glamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:45 PM   #193
Platinum Member

Even Elon Musk admitted that they were days away from going under. While he was spinning his lies in the media, the wolf nearly kicked in the door. At the time though, all the fanboys were rushing to defense and claiming all the critics were nuts and their criticisms baseless.

He dodged a bullet this time, but you don't always win in games of brinksmanship. When the economy goes to recession, Tesla is probably toast. Even at full production, they can't pay their mountain of debt, nor can they fund expansion. Going back to the Street for another fund raise will prove difficult in the next few years if the economy turns as predicted, and the government is not subsidizing EV purchases.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:03 AM   #194
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Even Elon Musk admitted that they were days away from going under. While he was spinning his lies in the media, the wolf nearly kicked in the door. At the time though, all the fanboys were rushing to defense and claiming all the critics were nuts and their criticisms baseless.

He dodged a bullet this time, but you don't always win in games of brinksmanship. When the economy goes to recession, Tesla is probably toast. Even at full production, they can't pay their mountain of debt, nor can they fund expansion. Going back to the Street for another fund raise will prove difficult in the next few years if the economy turns as predicted, and the government is not subsidizing EV purchases.
A significant cost for Elon Musk is all the eggs he has to buy to smear on the faces of pundits who endlessly insist on predicting his demise.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:50 PM   #195
Platinum Member

Has anyone seen Jim? My guess is he had a go-bag packed with cash and flew to South America to live with the Nazis. There go the nazi neighborhood.
ContinuousImprovement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 02:01 PM   #196
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContinuousImprovement View Post
Has anyone seen Jim? My guess is he had a go-bag packed with cash and flew to South America to live with the Nazis. There go the nazi neighborhood.
You win the Godwin’s Law prize for today...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 03:09 PM   #197
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
You win the Godwin’s Law prize for today...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
Oh, wow, this is the first time I've been made aware of Goodwin's Law and it's a great one!
Old 01-28-2019, 02:15 PM   #198
Bronze Member

Sad state of affairs for owners and dealers. According to a few friends, banks will no longer finance a Hymer/Roadtrek. Ouch!
B-RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:35 PM   #199
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-RV View Post
Sad state of affairs for owners and dealers. According to a few friends, banks will no longer finance a Hymer/Roadtrek. Ouch!
Wow, I hope that's not happening. Everyone just needs to step back and take a deep breath.

Financing should not be dependent on whether the warranty will be honored for the full term, since that is the only real thing in jeopardy for new RT owners. At this point warranty is a concern, but not a given.

Otherwise, US Bank should not have financed by 6 yr. old Airstream Avenue last yr. since it had no remaining warranty and GM is considering discontinuing the Chevy Express van it was built on.

Chassis producers and appliance suppliers aren't going anywhere so I don't understand it. And failure to finance would be certain death of Roadtrek. The only beneficiaries would be those with cash on hand to buy new models at rock bottom prices.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:35 PM   #200
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Wow, I hope that's not happening. Everyone just needs to step back and take a deep breath.

Financing should not be dependent on whether the warranty will be honored for the full term, since that is the only real thing in jeopardy for new RT owners. At this point warranty is a concern, but not a given.

Otherwise, US Bank should not have financed by 6 yr. old Airstream Avenue last yr. since it had no remaining warranty and GM is considering discontinuing the Chevy Express van it was built on.

Chassis producers and appliance suppliers aren't going anywhere so I don't understand it. And failure to finance would be certain death of Roadtrek. The only beneficiaries would be those with cash on hand to buy new models at rock bottom prices..

The banks lending or not is going to depend on the balance sheet and nobody knows what that is yet, so may or may not happen. If, as was mentioned earlier, the assets have really been frozen by the courts and/or banks, that would be a sign they all think there is a lot more debt than assets and not a good thing.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote