Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2019, 04:10 PM   #381
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
LOL. I reflect on that period as "dodging the bullet".

I have a hilarious story about a Hymer exec calling me and begging me to change my mind. They even promised to get me a van within the week!

Good times!
I remember wondering "What the hell is wincrasher thinking?" Now that I think back on it, you'd recently started working in CA. Maybe all of that west coast pot that wafts in the air affected your thinking.
B Eventually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 04:19 PM   #382
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Eventually View Post
I remember wondering "What the hell is wincrasher thinking?" Now that I think back on it, you'd recently started working in CA. Maybe all of that west coast pot that wafts in the air affected your thinking.

LOL! My glaucoma cleared up completely.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:44 PM   #383
Platinum Member

Recent post allegedly from JH on another group ........

Jim Hammill Sometimes people just have to let the dust settle a bit. I for one hope and pray that this all falls back together, and owners and dealers and employees are all ok. I am none of those things anymore, and I just can’t discuss it. But I’m of the same mind, I just think that Roadtrek is such a good and powerful brand and products, that there will be a resolution at some point. But I know nothing about that. I’m just offering what I have seen a few times over the years.
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:19 PM   #384
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by <<B-Guy>> View Post
Recent post allegedly from JH on another group ........

Jim Hammill Sometimes people just have to let the dust settle a bit. I for one hope and pray that this all falls back together, and owners and dealers and employees are all ok. I am none of those things anymore, and I just can’t discuss it. But I’m of the same mind, I just think that Roadtrek is such a good and powerful brand and products, that there will be a resolution at some point. But I know nothing about that. I’m just offering what I have seen a few times over the years.
Replace Nixon with Hammill in this video. Who will replace Jim as the main subject of scorn here on the forum?

gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:25 PM   #385
Platinum Member

Was Jim fired, pushed, or early-retired from 'Roadtrek Island'?

Given the severity of this situation his tone seems a bit odd for the circumstances
ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:31 PM   #386
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassB4Me View Post

Given the severity of this situation his tone seems a bit odd for the circumstances
How about you email him at jimhammill@icloud.com and find out, he has always provided his private email address for owners to contact him directly...
Old 02-06-2019, 10:35 PM   #387
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
How about you email him at jimhammill@icloud.com and find out, he has always provided his private email address for owners to contact him directly...
Pass...

I guess we will have to wait for the full RV Lifestyles interview later this month

Jim Hammill - Unplugged
Old 02-06-2019, 10:45 PM   #388
Platinum Member

Quote:

Well, I was thinking that it didn't sound like "Suspended" given the phrase
"I am none of those any more." (Customers, dealers, employees)
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:49 PM   #389
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
Who will replace Jim as the main subject of scorn here on the forum?

You know, maybe there won't be anyone to fill that spot, at least that is what we can hope for.

Than maybe we can get back to trying to learn all we can about all these new systems and designs, and trying to help others with the stuff we have already lived through.

booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:40 AM   #390
Platinum Member

Quote:

On the other hand, given his tone, perhaps his situation is not that severe.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:49 PM   #391
Platinum Member

Telling that all Jim's most ardent supporters - the Wendlands and Campskunk are so earily quiet. Where are the strident supporters? Even Nixon had his advocates up until the very end - some even went to prison for him.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:50 PM   #392
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
It's lawyers telling him, for his own good, to keep his pie-hole shut.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:06 PM   #393
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post

I agree with wincrasher's theory. Quiet and calm are not the normal conditions for Hammill when he is defending himself or going after someone else. He has always been very aggressive and self rightuous in his repsonses. If there was no peril or legal restriction on him, I would expect a very strong push back and defense to any and all of the things that are being said concerning him and his future.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:17 PM   #394
Platinum Member

Quote:
Not a fan I guess....

Even the least charitable person would feel sad for Jim H. He has spent the lion's share of his career in the RV industry and these recent events will be a stain on his legacy if the audit is inconclusive but he was at the 'helm' at the time of Roadtrek / EHG NA.
I'm a forgiving and charitable person and I don't feel sad, not yet. Jim, in his position of CEO, personally threatened my family with financial ruin and the threat still hangs over us. He needs to confess, retract and apologize.
ContinuousImprovement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:24 PM   #395
Platinum Member

Don't you worry, Jim is going to get his in spades.

They call these paper-cases. It will be company and bank records that tell the story. Testimony of witnesses and speculation as to motives will be largely irrelevant.

It will be following the money. Where it started and where it ended up. Who's signature is on documents and authorizations.

Jim's tone is telling. You can't talk your way out of cases like this.

I will enjoy it fully. Hopefully his trial is in the summer, as I hear it's lovely up there at that time and I'd love to attend.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:03 PM   #396
Platinum Member

I will enjoy it fully. Hopefully his trial is in the summer, as I hear it's lovely up there at that time and I'd love to attend.

These are the moments (should it occur) where all the proverbial 'stabbings in the back' and 'dismissals of real problems' come back to bite hard.

I know Canada believes very strongly on victim impact statements before sentencing people for a crime. This will not be a good moment unless many are prepared to turn the other cheek.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:47 PM   #397

https://www.facebook.com/ambassador.of.joy

Caryn O'Connor bought a Roadtrek that did not work as advertised.
She made many visits to dealers and at least one visit to the RT factory to try and get it repaired but was constantly belittled by RT executive as being mentally sick for complaining about the product.

Mike Wendland “booted” her from his RT Face Book page because she voiced complaints about the rig she bought new.
RoadTNOMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 05:59 PM   #398
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

Quote:

These are the moments (should it occur) where all the proverbial 'stabbings in the back' and 'dismissals of real problems' come back to bite hard.

I know Canada believes very strongly on victim impact statements before sentencing people for a crime. This will not be a good moment unless many are prepared to turn the other cheek.

Actually Canadian courts are pretty lenient on just about everything. It's one of the few places left on earth you can commit heinous crimes and be sentenced to next to no incarceration, and less than that for time served in custody. It's one of the reasons we have more violent gang related crime in the big cities. They get caught, and plea bargain or serve short sentences, and are back on the streets again quickly. I don't think we allow cameras into the courtrooms here, so a lot of the reporting is just hearsay. I can't remember the last time there was a televised victim impact statement aired?

The problem is our "appointed" judges and magistrates fear recrimination/revenge/retaliation if they get too tough on criminals. We can't defend ourselves effectively up here - no 2A. Actually, self defense is one of the only crimes in Canada where a judge will punish the victim more harshly than the criminal he was being assaulted by, if the self defense is deemed "excessive use of force" by the courts. Lovely, eh?
Old 07-04-2019, 06:36 PM   #399
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTNOMore View Post
https://www.facebook.com/ambassador.of.joy

Caryn O'Connor bought a Roadtrek that did not work as advertised.
She made many visits to dealers and at least one visit to the RT factory to try and get it repaired but was constantly belittled by RT executive as being mentally sick for complaining about the product.

Mike Wendland “booted” her from his RT Face Book page because she voiced complaints about the rig she bought new.
Pretty common knowledge about Caryn and her treatment by RT. It has been three years since she committed suicide after years of struggles with mental illness. She had gotten past the issues with RT and had moved on from that.